Richard Keogh

maydrakin

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Unfortunately he's only got 1 year left on his deal so we're not likely to get much for him if he were to leave.

Not saying you're wrong but we paid £3m+ for Blackman with only 5 months left on his contract. At this point Keogh's worth a lot more to Derby than Blackman!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Not saying you're wrong but we paid £3m+ for Blackman with only 5 months left on his contract. At this point Keogh's worth a lot more to Derby than Blackman!

On paper.

He's always an accident waiting to happen

Alas, football is played on grass for anybody who hasn't yet noticed......... 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

True, but I think Sheffield Wednesday's interest helped with that. It seemed as if we rushed to get it done to beat them to him and we overpaid. Plus we signed him whilst he was one of the top scorers and there was tons of hype around him. Keogh is great, but as a defender I don't think he's ever likely to have that sort of hype.

Hope he signs a new deal though, he has a mistake in him as near enough every Championship defender does, but he's been a fantastic player since joining from Coventry and it seems like he genuinely loves the club.

With the season kicking off 2 weeks on Saturday I would be very disappointed if we sold any first team players between now and then.

August is an extremely important month to get points on the board, we need to make sure we are near to Newcastle and Villa at the end.

The last thing we need is to shake the team up only a couple of weeks before kick off.

Archived