Nick Powell - Confirmed to Wigan

Arsene Titman

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have any examples of the players he signed?

When I think about the sort of players you described I think of players like Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Joe Cole 

Tad harsh to lump Joe Cole in with the other 3, had a decent enough career with Chelsea after leaving Wet Spam.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Tad harsh to lump Joe Cole in with the other 3, had a decent enough career with Chelsea after leaving Wet Spam.

Yes fair point, he was actually my favourite England player but his career just nosedived.

I was going to use some Leeds players examples but could not be bothered to research them! Michael Bridges maybe?

50 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have any examples of the players he signed?

When I think about the sort of players you described I think of players like Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Joe Cole 

Sorry, no. It was Paul Tisdale talking about Exeter City and their period from 2006/07 through to 2010/11. But I can't remember the specific examples he gave. Only up to League One level, but he was a bright boy. I don't think he meant the type of players you're referencing (due to my poor explanation). It was more people who had shown a lot of promise but not broken through at all. I would put Powell in that category, but I don't know a lot about him and maybe others wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes fair point, he was actually my favourite England player but his career just nosedived.

I was going to use some Leeds players examples but could not be bothered to research them! Michael Bridges maybe?

That goal vs Sweden!

His natural talents seemed to have been coached out of him, in the pursuit of making him a better time team player, rather than let him build on the offensive skills he was born with.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That goal vs Sweden!

His natural talents seemed to have been coached out of him, in the pursuit of making him a better time team player, rather than let him build on the offensive skills he was born with.

Yeah he was good but he was no Baldrick.

22 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

That goal vs Sweden!

Possibly the best England goal of my lifetime.

I really believe he was England's most exciting talent since Gazza, have no idea how it went so horribly wrong. 

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I really believe he was England's most exciting talent since Gazza, have no idea how it went so horribly wrong. 

Went horribly wrong?

The boy is star turn at Tampa Bay Rowdies sharing Beers and swapping tales of old about the golden generation with muespach ram after every game!

He is living the dream son!

Incidentally I witnessed that superb goal in Sweden live but very nearly missed it when my mate pointed out Cheryl was sat on the row in front!!!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Injuries did him really.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

That goal vs Sweden!

That's why Scholes retired because he could see the English management was a shambles and a group of clowns. He was our best player but we played him as a lm. We should have played Joe Cole in a roaming role behind Rooney or Owen

15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Right! Just think how successful the likes of Shankly, Ferguson, Paisley and our Brian would have been had it been available throughout their managerial careers.

Exactly. Shame really.

Archived