Will Hughes

Bris Vegas

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A United fan, probably googled him this morning, saw he spent most of last season out injured - therefore injury prone.

Shhh! Do you want him to leave? Derby fans should be spamming twitter with lies and misinformation about Hughes. I suggest some or all of the following;

He's injury prone and will spend all the time on the treatment table.

He's a rabid neo Nazi who voted leave.

He can only play in evening fixtures to avoid getting 3rd degree burns from the sun.

I can't see this being true especially as it's followed up with "wants to improve the home grown quota" he wouldn't get a chance under Mourinho so it's just paper talk. If someone comes know with 15-20 mill then yeah you listen to it but I can't see it happening  

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Shhh! Do you want him to leave? Derby fans should be spamming twitter with lies and misinformation about Hughes. I suggest some or all of the following;

He's injury prone and will spend all the time on the treatment table.

He's a rabid neo Nazi who voted leave.

He can only play in evening fixtures to avoid getting 3rd degree burns from the sun.

He's never actually played a game for us... We just keep altering his wikipedia page to make it look like he has...

He's never really played football in his life... He's like a club mascot... Like Bucko only he's NOT awesome...

PLEASE DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY!!!!!! :(

Seriously, I think people on here are underaluing Will in the current market. It's probably because we've never sold an asset for vast sums of money.

Will is the second youngest EVER England U21 player. He has 17 caps for them (I think). While he missed most of last season he has a massive number of games under his belt for someone his age. He has an incredible football brain, in part because he's smarter than most other footballers.

Selling to a club such as Man Yoo also adds a premium - they will always need to pay over the odds, probably 5-10 million more than if it were Southampton say.

So, I'd say £30m plus significant add-ons based on league and international appearances and a decent sell-on clause.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Seriously, I think people on here are underaluing Will in the current market. It's probably because we've never sold an asset for vast sums of money.

Will is the second youngest EVER England U21 player. He has 17 caps for them (I think). While he missed most of last season he has a massive number of games under his belt for someone his age. He has an incredible football brain, in part because he's smarter than most other footballers.

Selling to a club such as Man Yoo also adds a premium - they will always need to pay over the odds, probably 5-10 million more than if it were Southampton say.

So, I'd say £30m plus significant add-ons based on league and international appearances and a decent sell-on clause.

Right there with you on the valuation Carl, we don't need to sell. 

We ought to put in a Real Madrid/ Barcelona type clause for the first choice to buy back at the price we sold him for should we get into the Premier League too. 

FWIW IMO, Will is better now than any of the players that left Southampton for big 4 clubs. He's better now than Bale, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain were at time of sale, and he's got a longer shelf life being a ball-playing midfielder, than a pacey runner with limited "tekkers" has. No way anything less than £20m PLUS add-ons. 

Archived