Jeff Hendrick - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

6 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Boro hull and galatasary are interested in Jeff apparently

Saw the Telegraph say Galatasary were not willing to pay more than £2m. :lol:

Would confidently say IF Jeff was to leave this year, with Mel as Chairman there is zero chance he will be going to Turkey then.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd genuinely like to see what Pearson can make of him before moving him on. I'd hope he'd look at the whole squad before shifting too many faces. Teams with smaller squads will pick up injuries or look to streghthen if the play-offs look feasible, so we'll have opportunities to move him on later in the season if he's no future at Derby.

But if a silly offer came in....

Nothing will happen on Hendrick - until NP has had a close chat / look at him

He is one of the players  - who is currently in the "keep" pot

That might change - but its up to Nige........

We're only making plans for Nigel.

We will sell at least one midfielder this summer. We simply have too many. For me, Hendrick is the first out the door. For a few reasons. 

He has got 2 years left on his contract. Come the end of the season he'll have 1. Then his price will go down massively. Come that January he can speak to who he wants and go for free.

His stock has never been and will never be so high. His performances for the ROI this summer were very good. He has added at least a couple of million to his price tag. 

People seem to be getting carried away with how he played at the Euro's. Very rare we see that sort of performance in a Derby shirt. His inconsistancy is his worse trait. 

He's replaceable. Simple as that. 

We are clearly going to have to sell to raise funds this summer. Hendrick will command the biggest fee from our midfield. (Well Hughes would obviously. But selling him is not an option)

How much is he worth? Hard to say. What I think someone is worth and what I think we could get for him are 2 different things. Is Sterling worth £50 million? Is Ighalo worth £45 million? Is Deeney worth £30 million? Is Mane worth £34 million. The answer to all those is clearly No, not in a million years. But that doesnt mean that someone wasnt willing to pay that. 

I would be happy with £5 million for Hendrick. But I think we could get anywhere between £7-10 million for him. Hes not worth it. But football has gone completely mental. 

If someone offered £8 million. Id laugh my head off and bite their arms off. 

Infact anything over £5 million for what has been, over the last 3/4 years, an average run of the mill Championship midfielder would be good business.

38 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We will sell at least one midfielder this summer. We simply have too many. For me, Hendrick is the first out the door. For a few reasons. 

He has got 2 years left on his contract. Come the end of the season he'll have 1. Then his price will go down massively. Come that January he can speak to who he wants and go for free.

His stock has never been and will never be so high. His performances for the ROI this summer were very good. He has added at least a couple of million to his price tag. 

People seem to be getting carried away with how he played at the Euro's. Very rare we see that sort of performance in a Derby shirt. His inconsistancy is his worse trait. 

We are clearly going to have to sell to raise funds this summer. Hendrick will command the biggest fee from our midfield. (Well Hughes would obviously. But selling him is not an option)

How much is he worth? Hard to say. What I think someone is worth and what I think we could get for him are 2 different things. Is Sterling worth £50 million? Is Ighalo worth £45 million? Is Deeney worth £30 million? Is Mane worth £34 million. The answer to all those is clearly No, not in a million years. But that doesnt mean that someone wasnt willing to pay that. 

I would be happy with £5 million for Hendrick. But I think we could get anywhere between £7-10 million for him. Hes not worth it. But football has gone completely mental. 

Infact anything over £5 million for what has been, over the last 3/4 years, an average run of the mill Championship midfielder would be good business.

All that ^^^^^^^^^

41 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Understand where you're coming from but isn't NP supposed to be the great motivational manager who gets the best out of players?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Understand where you're coming from but isn't NP supposed to be the great motivational manager who gets the best out of players?

Yeah I agree with you there mate. But we still have too many midfielders and its inevitable at least one will go. 

Hughes is a no go for me. We need to build the team around him. I honestly believe he is the best footballer in the league. 

Thorne wont be sold. Hes injured. I wouldnt like him to be sold either tbh. 

Bryson I wouldnt sell. We havent got a midfielder like him. Plus I dont think we'd get a massive amount for him. 

That leaves Johnson, Butterfield and Hendrick. Out of those we will get the most for Hendrick imo. Im hoping Butterfield flourishes under Powell again and that Pearson gets the best out of him. Same with Johnson. I just think he is a Pearson type player who he may get the best out of.

Im not too fussed if Butterfield, Hendrick or Johnson are sold. I just think the money we could get for Hendrick could get us 2 very good players (Talk of £4 million for McManaman?) We would be able to sign him for example and somebody else. 

43 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't disagree with any of this but........ we need to consider why his international performances have been so much more influential than those with his club. If it's how he responds to the manager and that manager's style then we should give Pearson sufficient time to assess whether he can do a job for us on a regular basis before deciding Hendrick's future.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Can't disagree with any of this but........ we need to consider why his international performances have been so much more influential than those with his club. If it's how he responds to the manager and that manager's style then we should give Pearson sufficient time to assess whether he can do a job for us on a regular basis before deciding Hendrick's future.

Fair point mate. I just think we are not gonna be able to spend a lot of money this summer without selling. We have too many midfielders. Out of all of them who I would sell. Hendrick will command the biggest fee. His stock will never be this high. 

Say we keep him. Then next year he turns down a new deal. Then we have got to sell him. But will get at least half of what we could do now. 

Maybe Pearson should sit with him and say, "Right Jeff. You've got 2 years left on your deal. We want to offer you a new contract. Would it be something you'd want to do?"

If he says yes. Then fair enough.

If he says No, I want to test myself in the Premier League. Then we have to sell. 

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Fair point mate. I just think we are not gonna be able to spend a lot of money this summer without selling. We have too many midfielders. Out of all of them who I would sell. Hendrick will command the biggest fee. His stock will never be this high. 

Say we keep him. Then next year he turns down a new deal. Then we have got to sell him. But will get at least half of what we could do now. 

Maybe Pearson should sit with him and say, "Right Jeff. You've got 2 years left on your deal. We want to offer you a new contract. Would it be something you'd want to do?"

If he says yes. Then fair enough.

If he says No, I want to test myself in the Premier League. Then we have to sell. 

Do you think that is Pearson task, raise money to spend money? It makes sense given the money we spent last season, I just wondered if he had a budget already or whether we needed to sell to buy.

If that is the case we could lose out on potential targets if time is a factor.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Do you think that is Pearson task, raise money to spend money? It makes sense given the money we spent last season, I just wondered if he had a budget already or whether we needed to sell to buy.

If that is the case we could lose out on potential targets if time is a factor.

I honestly have no idea mate. But we spent so much money last summer. Theres no way we can spend anywhere near that again. Cos we would be up ***** creek without a paddle with FFP. 

Players arent cheap nowadays. Plus our squad is far too big. Makes sense all round for us to raise funds. 

I agree, we need to sell to buy, although sometimes it about getting people off the wage bill such as sammon etc, that will free up funds, I.e. £15k x 52. We have at least 4 players gone or going who fit that bill if not more.

we need to look at good free ones, perhaps that another reason why we are clearing our decks

information from in the knows is not what it was, maybe that is good thing for the Rams but it's frustrating, that should not be taken as a slight against SDSR or others who post when they can

We need to sell more than Hendrick if we want to have abit of cash to play with.

Any sale would go towards getting the FFP down, rather than a replacement. What'll be the purpose of selling Hendrick for say five million and a week later signing Kodija for seven? Wouldn't make any sense.

Because if we want promotion we need improvement on last season, if we are selling first team players to solely combat FFP, I would argue we are a way behind the completion this season.

There has to be a budget, otherwise I can't imagine Pearson choosing Derby if it is true he could have gone to Villa.

I think getting rid of players is more key for the wage bill, I would imagine every player signed last year were given contracts of 20k plus a year, so to make a few keys signings this year we need to make space in the wage budget.

If we sell/release Hendrick, Shotton, Buxton, Grant, Bent, maybe Johnson, Pearce, Blackman, we would raise 10 million plus and shave over 100k a week off the wage bill.

Thus would then make room for big signings like Kodjia and McMannaman.

45 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We need to sell more than Hendrick if we want to have abit of cash to play with.

Any sale would go towards getting the FFP down, rather than a replacement. What'll be the purpose of selling Hendrick for say five million and a week later signing Kodija for seven? Wouldn't make any sense.

Because of the way that players appear in the accounts, and thus the FFP calculation, selling Hendrick for £5m would give us something like £14m to spend on players if we gave them three year contracts.

Hendick's book value will be his last signing on fee divided by the number of year's on his contract. I'd suggest that will give him a value of c£100k. That has to be charged against the selling fee, so selling Hendrick we would get £5m-£100k=£4.9m

Incoming player's transfer cost appears on the books as the total cost of the fees (inc. signing, agan's and transfer) divided by the years on the contract. That mean that we can effectively, in the FFP rules, spend net transfer fees three times over if we give three year contracts, four times over if we give four year deals etc. 

Of course that presupposes that Mel is happy to stump up the actual cash and that the wages can be balanced out. With fees coming in for Shotton and probably Albentosa, plus the fringe players being released and Jeff's wages, we probably have a bit to play with in the wages department.

As things stand, I'd say we do need to sell a player for a significant fee to generate the FFP room to strengthen. The three players who would bring in the highest net fees (remember you have to subtract their book value) are Hughes, Hendrick and Martin.

At present we could actually sell Hendrick and not need to replace him, so he looks the most dispensable. Martin could go, but I think we're already a centre forward light, so we'd need new strikers. Personally I just wouldn't sell Hughes, and I doubt the club would unless the offers start getting mind blowing. 

Only two of our midfielders will get a decent fee and that is hughes and Hendrick. As an earlier poster mentioned, Hendricks stock is probably as high as it will ever be. Also Hughes is far better and consistent. If Hendrick does not get in the first team week in week out as he hasn't do you think he'll be happy staying here if he has other clubs after him? Of course not. Also as most pundits have been bugging him up that much he might think that he deserves a shot in the premier league which he does really after his international performances. Plus he'll probably double his wages. 

Archived