Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

My head says you're right @reveldevil and my head might even agree with you fully.

But there is a place for heart in football. Jake possibly (probably) wouldn't have had the career he's had without NC's involvement. He's had a couple of good contracts out of that already. NC stuck by him when he was getting destroyed for playing him.

Now NC is in a spot of bother, trying to recruit championship quality players at a club that is League One level, being truthful and cold eyed,  and he could do with a couple of boosts from his old mates and Bucko falls into that category.

You just know NC would release him on a free if Burton went straight back down an Bucko could still get his three year deal elseewhere.

One season out of loyalty, one season for payback.

I'd do it. (but then again I'm VERY biased)

If you're bringing heart into it, I want to see him lead us into the Premier League! 

If he goes then I wish him luck. Derby though and through but needs first team football. 

I think I read that he was in tears at the last home game indicating that he might have known something then. 

Bucko ain't the type of player to warm a bench and would loved to have seen him play a few more times last season. 

2 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

If he goes then I wish him luck. Derby though and through but needs first team football. 

I think I read that he was in tears at the last home game indicating that he might have known something then. 

Bucko ain't the type of player to warm a bench and would loved to have seen him play a few more times last season. 

He also walked through the pitch invading Hull fans to show his appreciation to the travelling fans at Hull which made me think he was saying good bye.

He got his back problems / operation at the wrong time and the team moved on as he recovered.

It happens.   Now he is fit he needs to be playing and that means a change of Clubs. Be interesting to see just where he lands up.  I would have predicted Burton . But it seems maybe not.

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Free transfer as a favour or £600,000 Fee?

Free I'd think, 1yr left on his deal of probably 8k-ish a week, 400k of saving right there.

Stick on a 50% sell on clause, just in case one of the big Champions League clubs wake up to his true potential! 

Archived