Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamFan13 said:

Deserves 1st team football so I'm all for it. Absolute legend though, one of my all time favourite players for Derby.

Any player who

• chins a gump
  • gets the winner against the gumps
  • gets the winner against the dirties

is an absolute legend in my mind.

My kettle is a 'Buxton' by Russell Hobbs. Shame about the Hobbs bit, but you can't have everything. I shall be so sad to see him go.

Can't fault his attitude and makes a great option from the bench but I don't know if going forward he is what we need, so I'll be sorry to see him leave as he's definitely a derby man but he wants regular football and we realistically can't give that. 

Good luck to him. 

2 hours ago, valleyram said:

if only some our so called better players had the same attitude as jake we would have been in the premiership by now no problems

Yeah wish Bryson had a much better attitude and application in the team..... When picked ?????

Total respect for the man, an exemplary committed player with the heart of a tiger. My favorite Derby player by a mile.  i would have thought Bucko would be Pearson's sort.  Not believing a word of this, no no no no, this is not happening, i won't allow it. 

I'll be disappointed if he goes to Wigan. I'll likely get slated for saying it but in my opinion he owes NC a year. Either Burton stay up and he gets a longer improved deal or they go down and he gets a move anyway.

He's rarely disappointed me but I'll be really gutted if he doesn't think it's right to pay back a bit of the loyalty show to him by Clough. I don't think he'd have got that chance to play Championship football under any other manager.

Come on Jake, don't let me down.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'll be disappointed if he goes to Wigan. I'll likely get slated for saying it but in my opinion he owes NC a year. Either Burton stay up and he gets a longer improved deal or they go down and he gets a move anyway.

He's rarely disappointed me but I'll be really gutted if he doesn't think it's right to pay back a bit of the loyalty show to him by Clough. I don't think he'd have got that chance to play Championship football under any other manager.

Does Clough want him? Have I missed that bit?

12 minutes ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

Does Clough want him? Have I missed that bit?

Of course Clough wants him, it's Jake Buxton, NC thinks the world of him. He spent the entire time he was at Sheff Utd trying to sign him and then tried again to get him on loan for Burton last season.

27 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Put yourself in his shoes Ronnie.

If he has a choice of a 3 yr deal on very probably more money than Burton could offer for a shorter contract, he'd be a fool for turning it down, especially if it's the last contract he'll sign as a pro.

37 minutes ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

My head says you're right @reveldevil and my head might even agree with you fully.

But there is a place for heart in football. Jake possibly (probably) wouldn't have had the career he's had without NC's involvement. He's had a couple of good contracts out of that already. NC stuck by him when he was getting destroyed for playing him.

Now NC is in a spot of bother, trying to recruit championship quality players at a club that is League One level, being truthful and cold eyed,  and he could do with a couple of boosts from his old mates and Bucko falls into that category.

You just know NC would release him on a free if Burton went straight back down an Bucko could still get his three year deal elseewhere.

One season out of loyalty, one season for payback.

I'd do it. (but then again I'm VERY biased)

Just now, B4ev6is said:

come on buxton sign a new contract at derby make bird leave he does not about derby you do.

I'm not sure they play the same position B4.

Plus, Buxton wants to actually play, and not sit on the bench getting bored.

Archived