Lee Grant

DCFC1388

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure how to post screenshots but Phil Hay who is Leeds version of Steve Nicholson is saying Leeds are interested in Lee Grant as they are looking for a British goalkeeper, Camp also been mentioned

Never thought of Grant as being particularly camp but there you go

1 hour ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Are emergency loans still an option?  I have got a feeling not, in which case this becomes a very good point.

No they are not unless we have no keepers that are available, then you can loan a keeper.

Happy to sell Grant. If we could get 750k-1m for him, we'd have room to manoeuvre w/ regards to Financial Fair Play as well. Roos and Mitchell are capable back-ups, perhaps even more capable than Grant who was utterly crap last season when deputising for Carson.

31 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Happy to sell Grant. If we could get 750k-1m for him, we'd have room to manoeuvre w/ regards to Financial Fair Play as well. Roos and Mitchell are capable back-ups, perhaps even more capable than Grant who was utterly crap last season when deputising for Carson.

If we get that much for grant I will eat my hat ?

33 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

2 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

If we get that much for grant I will eat my hat ?

If it's the dirties we have to screw them. Seriously, though, I'm fed up with letting players go on the cheap. On paper, Grant's a first class Championship keeper & should be fetching a good whack.

Funny if the DYS are picking between 2 Derby youth products. Grant & Camp were always in competition.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

If it's the dirties we have to screw them. Seriously, though, I'm fed up with letting players go on the cheap. On paper, Grant's a first class Championship keeper & should be fetching a good whack.

Funny if the DYS are picking between 2 Derby youth products. Grant & Camp were always in competition.

Otherwise I agree with you.

If he could keep ball out of net like C. Sammon does, he would be great. Unfortunately he doesn't.

Roos played 20 games for Wimbledon, kept 8 clean sheets and won promotion through the play offs. That's excellent form from him, it may be League Two level but its still high pressure in a promotion campaign. I'd have no concerns what so ever putting him in even if its 15 games. People may knock him for his form at Rotherham but they were odds on for relegation and playing awfully, the team in front of Roos was crap, not his fault.

I'd probably favour Roos over Mitchell purely based on first team games played, although Mitchell did fantastic while at Luton for the short spell he was there.

Archived