nick blackmen going on loan to blackburn

B4ev6is

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has done nothing but frustrate me since he signed but I still weirdly want him to do well. He's realistically got everything to be decent at this level and although if he went I would be gutted I'd like to see him have 3-5 games upfront as a CF and see what he's got. He's certainly not a player who can drop in for 10 minutes here and there which is all he's had other than a handful of games. 

Blackman had not scored for 3 months before we signed him, he had a purple patch scoring game after game, his confidence was brimming and everything was falling for him.

Reading must have been preying for his goal scoring to continue leading up to January so they could get as much as possible for him before he went back to normal.

We have signed the real Blackman, the one reading fans weren't disappointed to see the back of.

If he is here come August 6 I'd be very surprised. 

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Blackman had not scored for 3 months before we signed him, he had a purple patch scoring game after game, his confidence was brimming and everything was falling for him.

Reading must have been preying for his goal scoring to continue leading up to January so they could get as much as possible for him before he went back to normal.

We have signed the real Blackman, the one reading fans weren't disappointed to see the back of.

If he is here come August 6 I'd be very surprised. 

Agree completely but playing devil's advocate wouldn't it be worth gambling and trying to get that purple patch out of him again? 12 extra goals from him over a season could turn draws in to wins and defeats into draws. Then if we go up I agree I don't think he'd make the step up. I just feel we've invested a lot not to try and get something out of him. 

Archived