16/17 Home Kt Released

OohMartWright

16/17 Home Kit  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I quite like it tbh, think people are judging it more critically because our last kit was so damn good. It's not even in our top 10 worst home kits.

It's in the top 5 worst.....unless you're a Star Wars fan I guess

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

It's in the top 5 worst.....unless you're a Star Wars fan I guess

Don't be ridiculous, this is such an overreaction :lol: 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Don't be ridiculous, this is such an overreaction :lol: 

Blimey, those Star Wars fans are quicker than the GOT to defend, could do with a couple out in France now with the England team.

No overreaction here, I honestly can't think of many that are worse. Maybe that brown, blue and yellow thing we used to have, after that I'm struggling

2 minutes ago, David said:

Blimey, those Star Wars fans are quicker than the GOT to defend, could do with a couple out in France now with the England team.

No overreaction here, I honestly can't think of many that are worse. Maybe that brown, blue and yellow thing we used to have, after that I'm struggling

Don't know what Star Wars has to do with anything, I just don't see the awfulness that you see obviously.

47 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's with the epaulettes?

I will give it a chance to grow on me. 

Bryson, Hughes and Keogh don't look exactly thrilled.

I agree. Not particularly impressed at first viewing but hopefully it will grow on me and look better live. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Don't know what Star Wars has to do with anything, I just don't see the awfulness that you see obviously.

Football kits are basically clothing, everyone has their own tastes I guess, it looks like a travel polo, not a football shirt. For me any football shirt with a collar automatically scores between a 0 and 5 out of 10 as I can't stand them, I know others love them and having a round neck followed by V neck I kinda knew it was coming. 

The stripes on the front make it look like the players are wearing backpacks, the socks are a copy from the Kappa days and shorts from the Sports Direct bargain basket.

1 minute ago, David said:

Football kits are basically clothing, everyone has their own tastes I guess, it looks like a travel polo, not a football shirt. For me any football shirt with a collar automatically scores between a 0 and 5 out of 10 as I can't stand them, I know others love them and having a round neck followed by V neck I kinda knew it was coming. 

The stripes on the front make it look like the players are wearing backpacks, the socks are a copy from the Kappa days and shorts from the Sports Direct bargain basket.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree then :D

The shoulder stripes do look better from behind, some people posting screenshots of them ordering the kit and their custom number/name on the back.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Mel, Mel, it's time for another breakfast brainwashing session.

It's not the best but it's not the worse. Last seasons was one of our best so this year would always find it hard to follow. Something about how it looks in the photos reminds me more of a training top than a football shirt. Or maybe one of those polo tops that the players turn up in when they arrive for matches?

I'll wait for the away/third shirts to be released as we usually do quite well with those. The 15/16 home shirt is the first one I've owned since the PL season anyway.

1 hour ago, MK said:

This picture makes it look like the whole sleeves are black, like the old Auto Windscreens shirts of the early 90's. Would look much better if they had done that.....and we still had Marco Gabbiadini in his prime.

Hit the nail on the head. Had the sleeves been all black that would have been much cooler. Those round bands do look a little silly, but I shan't complain if we (Imperial) storm the league.

Archived