Sone Aluko (Confirmed to Fulham)

GaryDCFC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always seemed a player that has potential but never really lived up to it. The fact that we might allegedly have to pay £1 mil a year wages also puts me off.

I'd much rather see Zanzala given a chance in all honesty, he looks a real talent and would love to see him have a crack at the first team.

13 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Always seemed a player that has potential but never really lived up to it. The fact that we might allegedly have to pay £1 mil a year wages also puts me off.

I'd much rather see Zanzala given a chance in all honesty, he looks a real talent and would love to see him have a crack at the first team.

Sounds a lot but it's just over 19k a week, can guarantee the likes of Bent, Johnson and Ince are earning similar. If Bent isn't in Pearsons plans he might be offloaded frees up some wages. I agree on Zanzala though hope he has a good pre season and pushes for a place.

35 goals in 214 games. That's really poor for a 27 year old striker. Every goal he's scored was played three times in that really short 5 minute video plus a few tricks. 

One good thing he's done is score against Florest this season! But that's not a good enough reason for me to think he's a good signing.

5 hours ago, YouRams said:

Sounds a lot but it's just over 19k a week, can guarantee the likes of Bent, Johnson and Ince are earning similar. If Bent isn't in Pearsons plans he might be offloaded frees up some wages. I agree on Zanzala though hope he has a good pre season and pushes for a place.

£19k a week is a lot of money for a player that for me, probably wouldn't displace Russell or Ince from the starting XI....

If anyone gets frustrated at Tom Ince for being flashy / inconsistent / not interested / greedy / self indulgent, then Sone Aluko x 10.

No thankyou, and I dont think Nigel would fancy him in his team either. 

Nigel Pearson has barely had time to unpack his bags and we're already being linked with players?

Who's identifying what this team needs?

Who's trying to sign players?

Who's in control of which players come in and out of the club?

This has got to be balls.  Why would we want to pay £19k a week to a striker who doesn't score goals???  Sounds like a "journalist" has sat there and thought 'Right, Pearson's in charge at Derby, he'll want to use the exact same blueprint that he did at Leicester, which means he'll want a really pacey forward.  I'll Google for quick strikers available on the cheap....  Oh Aluko from Hull.  Yep that'll do...'

Archived