Sone Aluko (Confirmed to Fulham)

GaryDCFC

44 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Nigel Pearson has barely had time to unpack his bags and we're already being linked with players?

Who's identifying what this team needs?

Who's trying to sign players?

Who's in control of which players come in and out of the club?

Potentially though, that could also be one of the advantages of hiring Pearson. He knows the division well, and it is likely that he already has a list of players that he's be interested in. I would hope that Pearson would be the one behind any moves that happen - and if he's not, I'd imagine that he won't be subtle in letting us know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chris Mills said:

Yet here we are in the Championship :whistle:

His point stands though, the lad could hardly get on the pitch for Hull while they were in the Championship. He wouldn't get on the pitch for us either.

According to someone on Twitter, Blackman is on 30k a week, so offering Aluko 19k a week will probably seem like a bargain to those at Derby.

I don't believe for a second anyone at Derby would be daft enough to offer Blackman 30k a week and I don't believe anyone would be daft enough to offer aluko 19k a week.

This season we really need to go out and sign a Rhodes/McCormack type of player for a big fee and have done with it, None of these Weimann for 2 mil here, Camara for 1.8 mil there and Blackman for 3 mil. The wages for those 3 alone would probably cover a big signings wages (I know it isn't that simple). 

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

According to someone on Twitter, Blackman is on 30k a week, so offering Aluko 19k a week will probably seem like a bargain to those at Derby.

I don't believe for a second anyone at Derby would be daft enough to offer Blackman 30k a week and I don't believe anyone would be daft enough to offer aluko 19k a week.

This season we really need to go out and sign a Rhodes/McCormack type of player for a big fee and have done with it, None of these Weimann for 2 mil here, Camara for 1.8 mil there and Blackman for 3 mil. The wages for those 3 alone would probably cover a big signings wages (I know it isn't that simple). 

I believe the weekly cost of Blackman to be £28,000 per week and Johnson £30,000 which is very scary and why we will never move them on without someone else being very stupid or we pay for them to leave, please do not ask me how I believe to know this as I will not say.

28 thousand a week? Blackman is actually on 28k a week? No wonder he runs about, he is paid roughly £100 for every step he takes on the pitch. I thought 30k a week was a bit daft, 28k ain't much better.

Id love to know who suggested it to be a good idea to pay him that wage. 

Johnson I still think will come good under Pearson, but I have a feeling Blackman will go down as the worst signing Derby County have ever made in terms of financial strain on the club.

Under Pearson, some players will fade, others be about the same and others will be better. Which ones will be in which group should be interesting to see.

Expect us to be difficult to beat to start with and slowly get better. Measure progress under Pearson at the half way point. Xmas could be the key with players that are needed coming in to replace those that cannot cut the mustard playing the Pearson Way.

Ravenelli scored goals though and if there a couple of things that went against us that season, if he had put one of his many missed penalties away or if Christies hat trick against United had have stood he would still have been a prem player with us.

Francois Grenet, now there was a stinker.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I see your Nick Blackman and raise you with Fabrizio Ravenelli.

I put forward two starlets of "how not to put together a premiere league squad" Claudia Davies and Robbie Earnshaw.

The only thing that stops Earnshaw being far and away the worst financial drain is we flogged him to forest.

41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I put forward two starlets of "how not to put together a premiere league squad" Claudia Davies and Robbie Earnshaw.

The only thing that stops Earnshaw being far and away the worst financial drain is we flogged him to forest.

And I see your Davies and Earnshaw and raise you Eddie Lewis and Steve Biggins . You'll go a long long way to dredge lower depths than that ! 

Ok, not a huge drain on finances but just utter dross !! 

20 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I believe the weekly cost of Blackman to be £28,000 per week and Johnson £30,000 which is very scary and why we will never move them on without someone else being very stupid or we pay for them to leave, please do not ask me how I believe to know this as I will not say.

£28K a week. That's at least 50 times the average wage. Think what you could do with nigh on £1.5 million a year.

On 8 June 2016 at 21:30, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Borbokis always will be a strange one for me. We got rid of rob kozluk and I think Jonathan hunt plus money to sign borbokis and I'm sure he was dog poo.

Lars Bohinen was a stinker too.

Can't have this ! Borbokis was a quality player. He went back to Greece for personal reasons , otherwise he'd have been a cracking long term signing. However, Bohinen was down there with Bragstaad ! 

On 08/06/2016 at 12:30, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Lars Bohinen was a stinker too.

3 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

However, Bohinen was down there with Bragstaad ! 

I find this odd... He wasn't stellar or anything but he was a perfectly decent, hard working backup midfielder... Played a regular part in a season where we finished 8th in the premier league...

Archived