Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see this happening. 

I'm sure he's a good player, although I can't recall seeing him, but he's clearly rated at Bristol and the money it would take is beyond what we can realistically pay without killing ourselves in terms of financial fair play. 

For what it's worth, I'd prefer Paddy Bamford who would perhaps be cheaper, more accessible and just as talented, if not more. 

I live in Bristol and in last week's paper, City were quoted as showing interest in a forward from Le Havre as a possible replacement for Jonathan Kodja. I think if the price is right it will happen. Kodja is ambitious, and the fly in the ointment might be interest from Southampton..

32 minutes ago, Bristol City Fan said:

If the Kodjia deal doesn't work out then I hope you get Wells of McCormack as they can be good signings for you. I would pick Wells as hes probably cheaper and hes quicker.

Wells of McCormack. That sounds like a posh Scotsman. If that's not an oxymoron 

6 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Sun (Alan Nixon)

DERBY manager Nigel Pearson will offer around £4million for Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia.

But Robins boss Lee Johnson will resist offers for the Ivorian, 26, who got 20 goals last season — unless the bids get silly.

The Rams also want Sone Aluko, 27, who has left Hull on a free but they will have to fork out around £1million a year on wages.

And County are hot for Blackburn skipper Grant Hanley — but new gaffer Owen Coyle is not keen to sell.

I wish people wouldn't refer to us as 'County'

3 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I think the thing missing is the 'goal from nowhere/nothing' type of player

We've already got a bloke, called Tom Ince, just add a bit of consistency and I've just saved you 11million on McCormack 

Archived