Albentosa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Completely out of his depth at English Championship level yet a stand out performer in La Liga...it's a funny old game!

Total culture shock for him. Like any job change in the normal world, all looks great then you get there and instantly regret going there and wish you could go back.

Was NEVER out of his depth any more than ANY player joining a new club!

I think he may suit Pearson. He's a no nonsense lump of a defender, the category you'd put both Wes Morgan and Robert Hoof in. Them two just won t'league.

39 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think he may suit Pearson. He's a no nonsense lump of a defender, the category you'd put both Wes Morgan and Robert Hoof in. Them two just won t'league.

Apart from the facts he could not run , head the ball or pass he was not more out of his depth than anyone else. One of the worst centre halves I have seen in a derby shirt, worse then Bragstadt even.

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

Apart from the facts he could not run , head the ball or pass he was not more out of his depth than anyone else. One of the worst centre halves I have seen in a derby shirt, worse then Bragstadt even.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!

Being unable to catch a rapid winger is not the same as "could not run". He was a cracking header of a ball and in the few games I saw, was the dominant player on the pitch in the air. As for passing, he's going to be no worse than Shackell or Keogh. 

You make it sound like the rest of the footballing world are exceptional, which is ballox

54 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Got to disagree I'm afraid.

First time in a long time that I've seen a professional footballer that was literally incapable of kicking with one of his feet.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

First time in a long time that I've seen a professional footballer that was literally incapable of picking with one of his feet.

Pay it no mind. Mostyn's currently in the middle of a crusade. He would literally state that black was white if it discredited Keogh and Shackell in some way.

Still love the idea of a player who received man of the match when marking Cristiano Ronaldo was out of his depth at Derby. He struggled, sure. But there's a difference between struggling and being out of your depth. Being out of your depth suggests you'll never cope at the level which is conclusively not true seeing as he's coping absolutely fine at a much higher level.

All at Derby were playing ****, he wasn't treated right according to the lads who sat down with MM (I think?, still if not them some other ITK people), and he was adjusting to a new country and style of play. 

He was poor during his time here, there can be no mistake, but that does not make him a poor player. He's a better center half than any at our club. 

55 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

and Bucko. Do we need two, one of which wants to play in Spain

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

First time in a long time that I've seen a professional footballer that was literally incapable of picking with one of his feet.

you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. That team he played in contained players in the side before and since, who we KNOW can pass and play better, but at that time didn't. SO if Christie, Keogh, Hendrick and even Hughes suffer and have proven it was a blip, why can't Albentosa?

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Pay it no mind. Mostyn's currently in the middle of a crusade. He would literally state that black was white if it discredited Keogh and Shackell in some way.

not at all, it's widely accepted that Shackell plays hollywood diagonals with embarrassingly poor success rates, unless success is measured in the amount of time it goes to either the opposition keeper or out for goal kick. Keogh on the other hand has decent long range passing, but plays silly and overpowered short-range passes, whilst falling backwards, often creating problem for the recipient. I'd be interested to know how many times a Derby player was dispossessed immediately after a Keogh pass, I think it would be startling.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Still love the idea of a player who received man of the match when marking Cristiano Ronaldo was out of his depth at Derby. He struggled, sure. But there's a difference between struggling and being out of your depth. Being out of your depth suggests you'll never cope at the level which is conclusively not true seeing as he's coping absolutely fine at a much higher level.

All at Derby were playing ****, he wasn't treated right according to the lads who sat down with MM (I think?, still if not them some other ITK people), and he was adjusting to a new country and style of play. 

He was poor during his time here, there can be no mistake, but that does not make him a poor player. He's a better center half than any at our club. 

I remember how poor Eustace was in his loan spell and then how people rave about his performances two-three years later.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

and Bucko. Do we need two, one of which wants to play in Spain

I actually think Buxton has a bit of class and finesse about his passing and vision when on the ball. He just lacks pace and maybe reaction speed. Other than that, I think he's far better than people would have us believe.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. That team he played in contained players in the side before and since, who we KNOW can pass and play better, but at that time didn't. SO if Christie, Keogh, Hendrick and even Hughes suffer and have proven it was a blip, why can't Albentosa?

Well the fact that he was shipped out so quickly having made only a handful of appearances seem to indicate that someone much more qualified than your good self agreed with me!

I hope he comes back, prices me wrong and shows to be this player that earns race reviews in La Liga.

Blip or no blip I still expect a player to be able to kick a ball with both feet...

I thought in the chesterfield home game in the cup when we played a back 3,  that Raul Albentosa played really well and it was a shame he got injured in the first half , after that he only played a handful of games in a team that at the time was in free fall and low on confidence , how could he possibly have made a good account of himself ? 

We should have played him at rcb, which is his best centre back position, rather than lcb. Don't underestimate how important it is playing a centre back in their preferred position. John Terry's best position was at lcb but when played at rcb he was poor.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well the fact that he was shipped out so quickly having made only a handful of appearances seem to indicate that someone much more qualified than your good self agreed with me!

I hope he comes back, prices me wrong and shows to be this player that earns race reviews in La Liga.

Blip or no blip I still expect a player to be able to kick a ball with both feet...

you was at breakfast gate, I remember your pretty face as the sun shone brightly through the window highlighting your handsome features.. shame you weren't listening!

He was homesick, I think his missus was more influential than SMc was, and SMc allegedly showed little interest in man-managing the Spanish players (Mascarell and Albentosa both paid for own English lessons etc too).

He passing was as good as ANYONE in the team during that period of the season.

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you was at breakfast gate, I remember your pretty face as the sun shone brightly through the window highlighting your handsome features.. shame you weren't listening!

He was homesick, I think his missus was more influential than SMc was, and SMc allegedly showed little interest in man-managing the Spanish players (Mascarell and Albentosa both paid for own English lessons etc too).

He passing was as good as ANYONE in the team during that period of the season.

Think you've got me confused with Eddie...

Heard everything that was said and can understand how them things could cause lack of confidence and lack of concentration, none of them make you unable to kick a ball with your left foot though!

56 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A nice expectation, but Hughes, Ince and Russell are all ridiculously one footed, The only players I can think of with genuine ability to use both feet really effectively are Buxton and Martin.

He wasn't happy, has a young family and wants to be in Spain. He only came in the first place after relentless pressure from our end.

Good or not,just suited to Spanish football whatever, he ain't coming back and I'll not shed a tear.

Was one to chalk up to misadventure. Sell at the price we agreed not a penny less.

12 minutes ago, bcnram said:

A nice expectation, but Hughes, Ince and Russell are all ridiculously one footed, The only players I can think of with genuine ability to use both feet really effectively are Buxton and Martin.

How could you forget Butterfield?! 

Archived