James & De Laet - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, snodgrass said:

Wow ! Derby fans get real ! De Laet is so fast he makes Vardy look slow ! Matty James is hotter than Kante ! Pearson knows what he is doing, make no mistake. Pearson is making plans for Derby to go up as of right,no play offs ! This season  ! Lots of exclamations I know, but you Derby fans should be dancing...you are soooo lucky !!!!!!!

12-year-old-redditor.jpg

PistoldPete2
10 hours ago, snodgrass said:

Wow ! Derby fans get real ! De Laet is so fast he makes Vardy look slow ! Matty James is hotter than Kante ! Pearson knows what he is doing, make no mistake. Pearson is making plans for Derby to go up as of right,no play offs ! This season  ! Lots of exclamations I know, but you Derby fans should be dancing...you are soooo lucky !!!!!!!

Not sure they are better than what we already have and not sure they would want to be back up. Probably cost a fee too. 

The problem with our squad is not skill level, it is 'will to win'. Some of our players will be replaced by players who may not be as skilled but hate to lose and always play for 95 minutes.

How much better in terms of skill were:-

Burnley

Boro

Brighton

Hull

In my opinion only Hull, were clearly better but we beat them three times!

All four were more determined than us over 46 games.

On 29 May 2016 at 12:23, peachmyster said:

Which excellent performances will they be then ? Think they were more bad than good but I am glad he is still with Derby at the academy.

PistoldPete2
43 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If they came as first teamers would anyone then  be on the way out?

Speculation based on speculation.  But i would think if there is any truth in it , we would move players on cos both players would command a fee and we have bigger priorities ie a winger and a striker.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Speculation based on speculation.  But i would think if there is any truth in it , we would move players on cos both players would command a fee and we have bigger priorities ie a winger and a striker.

This is the season for the sure foundation of speculation built on speculation. We all want real transfer information but most of us will settle for pure speculation as second best in the meantime. :).

19 hours ago, Rample said:

Done a bit of forum surfing to gauge opinion. Nothing particularly glowing on either.

De Laet is good going forward and very pacey, but is often out of position and needs to use his speed to recover. Was especially found out in the PL with no protection in front of him and up against better players. Fans are happy for him to go. Pearson loves his versatility.

James is pretty defensive and often goes unnoticed in games. That said people do seem to think he's quietly effective, solid and not a bad passer.

Perfect for a thorne backup then to sit infront of the back 4? while hughesy and butterfield/Johnson/Bryson bomb on?

De Laet is faster then Vardy. He's fine as an attacking fullback in the championship, but if you get promoted he's simply not good enough, defensively at that level.

James as I said earlier, would walk into your team & knows how Pearson likes to play too. He does all the dirty work in the middle, so his contribution is often overlooked.

Hope Pearson is watching tonight's game involving Ireland. Christie has been shocking. We have to get another right back. I stated that he was probably our most improved player last season but when he is poor, he looks like a pub player. We really do need another right back in case he does go through another one of these bad spells next season. I don't trust Hanson or Baird.

9 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

We only had too many players when nobody was injured. Our squad was too big when Hanson and Thorne were injured but we did not have a suitable replacement because our squad was too small!.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Hope Pearson is watching tonight's game involving Ireland. Christie has been shocking. We have to get another right back. I stated that he was probably our most improved player last season but when he is poor, he looks like a pub player. We really do need another right back in case he does go through another one of these bad spells next season. I don't trust Hanson or Baird.

He was one of our most consistent players last season and his defensive side has increased massively. One poor game in a totally different situation for him doesn't mean we need to go a brand new replacement. Plus I'm sure Da Laet and Christie wouldn't be too happy being rotated each week.

With all the talk of changing the shape, which I do agree with, I think a 4231 with James and Thorne(Hanson when either is injured) holding sounds good. It would definitely allow players like Christie, Forsyth, Olsson and possibly De Laet to bomb on knowing they have such sturdy players dropping in behind.

As for De Laet, he sounds like a 'better' Christie from what I can gather, so as long as Leicester don't want an absolute fortune for him I don't see a problem with that signing, as long as we offload Baird. 

On a side note, 4231 would also see Hughes as the CAM behind Martin/Bent/Blackman with Ince, Russell, Camara and Johnson being able to play either side of him.

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

I think physically, Christie has all the attributes to be a good player.

It's the mental side of his game which needs working on. Too often he gets out of position and ends up behind his man.

I suspect the new management team, both of whom are defenders, will give him the time his International status merits. If they think there's potential they will keep him. If not, then someone like De Laet, who they know, might come in.

9 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He was one of our most consistent players last season and his defensive side has increased massively. One poor game in a totally different situation for him doesn't mean we need to go a brand new replacement. Plus I'm sure Da Laet and Christie wouldn't be too happy being rotated each week.

He was one of our most improved players last season but you always get the feeling with Christie that he is 1 mistake away from making him lose his confidence just like in the 14/15 season. Even last season Baird played at the start of last season at right back and Hanson played at right back when Christie lost confidence again so it's not just poor game as you state. Putting things into context, Belarus are equivalent to a mid table league 1 side. You also say that Christie wouldn't be happy being rotated, so what? I'm sure Forsyth and Olsson wont be happy being rotated either. Having competition is good otherwise certain players will get complacent as they know their position is safe. I'd argue that having competition will make Christie a better player.

Archived