New Manager wants vs Expectations

Wolfie

Who do you want vs Who will we get?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Your memory is also going you old tart, many times I have told you about being born n bred in Derby !!

i will give you twisted and cynical though, that's just a natural thing...bitter I was going to say I have to many good things in my life to be bitter, however not getting to Wembley still riles me, not because we have a right to be there, but because it's an excuse for a great weekend on the booze, and at my age excuses are far and few between :-)

I wasn't saying that you were cynical and twisted - I meant that seeing as the fates had conspired to whisk you away to a dirtier place, then you surely would have come across people of that ilk (ley moor) yourself - most likely bah t'at.

10/10 for my memory though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Jesus wept...if I was going to post about Pearson's appointment your post would be exactly what I would have liked to be able to write, just about word for word, sums up my feelings about this situation.

If he was an ice cream he'd lick himself and the thought of seeing him with a ram on his chest appalls me but if it's what the board think is best for the club I'll have to roll with it until such time as he proves otherwise.

To the general forum, 

Don't ask me who I think would be a better available appointment because I reluctantly accept he is possibly the strongest candidate, I just don't like the man, never have, can't help it, I've always had him in the same group as Alister Campbell and Jim White in the who I'd like to stick the nut on category.

I've been looking for a chance to share this, just so we might understand the man a bit better, your post seems as apt as any, so here goes.

My boss at work went to school with Pearson, and had this to share about his recollections of young Nigel.

He grew up in Bilborough, one of the most deprived areas of Nottingham, as a County fan.

Whilst at school he showed promise as a footballer, though was nowhere near as good as his brother.

At the age of seventeen, his brother died in a motorcycle accident, and from that moment on young Nigel redoubled his efforts to become a successful footballer in a effort to follow in the footsteps of his more talented sibling.

This drive stays with the man to this day, in my boss's opinion, and may sometimes come across as unbalanced, indeed unhinged in the media, but he knows exactly what he's doing at all time's, and creates exactly the media persona he wishes to have, whilst taking the pressure off his players.

I'm still not a massive fan of him regardless, but he isn't the cockwomble he's sometimes made out to be, rather a human being made from the same flesh, blood and bones as the rest of us. 

Basically he's a working class boy made good, and if he's made our next manager I hope everyone gets behind him.

Even though I hoped it might be Eddie Howe!

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I've been looking for a chance to share this, just so we might understand the man a bit better, your post seems as apt as any, so here goes.

My boss at work went to school with Pearson, and had this to share about his recollections of young Nigel.

He grew up in Bilborough, one of the most deprived areas of Nottingham, as a County fan.

Whilst at school he showed promise as a footballer, though was nowhere near as good as his brother.

At the age of seventeen, his brother died in a motorcycle accident, and from that moment on young Nigel redoubled his efforts to become a successful footballer in a effort to follow in the footsteps of his more talented sibling.

This drive stays with the man to this day, in my boss's opinion, and may sometimes come across as unbalanced, indeed unhinged in the media, but he knows exactly what he's doing at all time's, and creates exactly the media persona he wishes to have, whilst taking the pressure off his players.

I'm still not a massive fan of him regardless, but he isn't the cockwomble he's sometimes made out to be, rather a human being made from the same flesh, blood and bones as the rest of us. 

Basically he's a working class boy made good, and if he's made our next manager I hope everyone gets behind him.

Even though I hoped it might be Eddie Howe!

Sounds like a bit of stretch to me.... is there any chance, regardless of his family history that he may just be a bit kn0b?  He wouldn't be the first football manager that fits that description.  If he is appointed, iI will support him and his teams 100%, but why is everyone so eager to ignore the obvious character flaws, or re-brand them as some sort of virtue?  Lets just call a spade a spade...he's a good manager and probably a profoundly unpleasant man. 

Nice one revel.

I still can't bring myself to like him. I'll judge him fairly though. And he's up there with the best available to us. 

Maybe we'll see a different side to him when we see him on RamsPlayer, at events, in the city, hear him on radio. 

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nice one revel.

I still can't bring myself to like him. I'll judge him fairly though. And he's up there with the best available to us. 

Maybe we'll see a different side to him when we see him on RamsPlayer, at events, in the city, hear him on radio. 

I don't think he's a shoo-in, despite the odds, I believe we're interviewing each day and whoever is seen on site each day becomes the favourite! 

I just think it's easy to overlook the candidates as human beings first and foremost, in a similar way some fans think off our players as footballers first, people second.

We won't get a perfect manager, even Man Utd and Chelsea can't, so we'll end up with someone with a failure on their record, or someone who isn't media-friendly, or a manager who doesn't set his teams up in the 'Derby Way', or one with a great track record as a second in command, but a risk at management level. 

Let's just give whoever gets the job our backing, and leave our reservations at the turnstiles.

I agree entirely that we should leave our reservations at the turnstiles, but i don't think we need to deny that we have them in the first place. I think with Pearson reservations are justified with respect to his character, and it's potential effect on the club, whatever their underlying causes maybe.  However, if he does get to job at Derby, he'll start should start with a clean slate...and we should judge him on his team's performances as well as his behaviour from that point forward. 

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If Pearson is hired who do we blame if the appointment go's wrong when he's looking like the fans choice.

I will blame Gary Teale.

the 38% of fans on here who voted for him.

The rest of us 62% can be the I told you so guys

18 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If Pearson is hired who do we blame if the appointment go's wrong when he's looking like the fans choice.

I will blame Gary Teale. 

Durban.

Always Durban.

• 3 months later...

Archived