New Manager wants vs Expectations

Wolfie

Who do you want vs Who will we get?  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

More polls than on Election Day. DET did a poll with a sample size of 3000. I think that's a pretty big indication of who people want, to be fair. 

Not at all. On the contrary, it indicated that whoever was appointed would face a minority of approval.

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

ftfy :p

Not going to happen.

I've always been a better fan than you - and that's official. I have the trophy to prove it.

;)

3 hours ago, eddie said:

I want.... Derby fans to get behind whoever is appointed.

I expect... Absolutely nothing resembling that.

You're 100% right Eddie, as you keep popping up and saying we should all get behind whoever is appointed. But just out of interest, who do you want/think we'll get?

I think Pearson is an arrogant, egotistical individual, I have friends who work at LCFC who would back this up.  I do also think he is a very good manager and more importantly just what Derby need. There are deep rooted problems in our squad that need sorting and fast. I attended both Hull games, a group of players should not be able to perform so poorly and brilliantly within a matter of days, regardless of the manager. He will have learned from his Leicester days. Imagine how he as felt all season watching Claudio and thinking that could be me. The media pretty much avoid the championship anyway so that won't be a problem. Newcastle and villa will get all the attention that comes that far down. If this comes off I will be delighted and expect great things  for the future. I just hope, even though he is fans favourite for the job, the 2/3 of fans who don't want him will still back him and the team. Or at least  wait for the season to start badly before sharpening their knifes. 

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

As a bit of fun but also to see how confident we feel about the Club getting the decision right

No club can know whether they have made the right decision, whoever they sign. We are not in a position to attract the top managers so anyone on that list, and those not on it could either be fantastic for us of bomb.

Who are we to say who Mel should be employing and who's right for the job.

I know it's a bit of fun and i'm not being a grumpy sod :p

My votes were

I'd like Moyes

I think we'll get Rowett

40 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You're 100% right Eddie, as you keep popping up and saying we should all get behind whoever is appointed. But just out of interest, who do you want/think we'll get?

I have too much previous to even venture an opinion. I'll tell you a story now. Just between you and me.

I was absolutely gutted when we sacked Tim Ward, and appointed this big-headed git from Hartlepool. I also sat on Wheildon's bus one night after a defeat singing "Mr Mackay we think you are a clot, sitting in the boozer talking tommy-rot, we think that you have ruined our side, because your mouth is far too wide, we are the loyal supporters who think you should resign". We made some great songs up - but we were idiots too and made some bad ones up. We didn't recognise what we had, and thought that we were entitled to better.

So for those of you I have come down so hard upon - 40 years ago, I was just like you are now. An opinionated, arrogant know-it-all total jerk who thought that I had every right to call everyone at the club I pretended to support, boo them when they played badly and tell the chairman, manager and anyone who would listen and plenty who wouldn't how to do their job.

Jeez, that came out like Red's rant at the parole board in The Shawshank Redemption before he got released.

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

I have too much previous to even venture an opinion. I'll tell you a story now. Just between you and me.

I was absolutely gutted when we sacked Tim Ward, and appointed this big-headed git from Hartlepool. I also sat on Wheildon's bus one night after a defeat singing "Mr Mackay we think you are a clot, sitting in the boozer talking tommy-rot, we think that you have ruined our side, because your mouth is far too wide, we are the loyal supporters who think you should resign". We made some great songs up - but we were idiots too and made some bad ones up. We didn't recognise what we had, and thought that we were entitled to better.

So for those of you I have come down so hard upon - 40 years ago, I was just like you are now. An opinionated, arrogant know-it-all total jerk who thought that I had every right to call everyone at the club I pretended to support, boo them when they played badly and tell the chairman, manager and anyone who would listen and plenty who wouldn't how to do their job.

Jeez, that came out like Red's rant at the parole board in The Shawshank Redemption before he got released.

so apart from not booing, has anything else really changed :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

so apart from not booing, has anything else really changed :ph34r:

I'm trying to give you children some fatherly advice here, so you don't turn out all bitter and twisted like me - although being from Leeds, you are probably far more qualified to speak about bitter, twisted and cynical people from first-hand experience.

:D

I've just watched EMT saying Pearson is now favourite, I just can't bear to look at that permanently arrogant smug face he's got, not a fan of his at all, but realistically he's probably the best option we've got to get promotion. I'm just bracing meself for a massive change in my attitude if he comes in 'cos I will have to support him come what may if he does anything like he did at Leicester. Obviously if he don't I can continue to dislike him. I voted Warburton, would have loved to see him here. Actually I'll dislike him even if we win every match next season but I'll tolerate him.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm trying to give you children some fatherly advice here, so you don't turn out all bitter and twisted like me - although being from Leeds, you are probably far more qualified to speak about bitter, twisted and cynical people from first-hand experience.

:D

Your memory is also going you old tart, many times I have told you about being born n bred in Derby !!

i will give you twisted and cynical though, that's just a natural thing...bitter I was going to say I have to many good things in my life to be bitter, however not getting to Wembley still riles me, not because we have a right to be there, but because it's an excuse for a great weekend on the booze, and at my age excuses are far and few between :-)

47 minutes ago, eddie said:

I know what you mean. It sometimes feels like I'm crawling through **** reading this forum. 

Anyway, cheers for the good reply/story/wisdom.

4 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I've just watched EMT saying Pearson is now favourite, I just can't bear to look at that permanently arrogant smug face he's got, not a fan of his at all, but realistically he's probably the best option we've got to get promotion. I'm just bracing meself for a massive change in my attitude if he comes in 'cos I will have to support him come what may if he does anything like he did at Leicester. Obviously if he don't I can continue to dislike him. I voted Warburton, would have loved to see him here. Actually I'll dislike him even if we win every match next season but I'll tolerate him.

Jesus wept...if I was going to post about Pearson's appointment your post would be exactly what I would have liked to be able to write, just about word for word, sums up my feelings about this situation.

If he was an ice cream he'd lick himself and the thought of seeing him with a ram on his chest appalls me but if it's what the board think is best for the club I'll have to roll with it until such time as he proves otherwise.

To the general forum, 

Don't ask me who I think would be a better available appointment because I reluctantly accept he is possibly the strongest candidate, I just don't like the man, never have, can't help it, I've always had him in the same group as Alister Campbell and Jim White in the who I'd like to stick the nut on category.

We want a miracle

We want Pearson, we will get Pearson if he wants it. Has had premiership wages, so will not be cheap. I recommend a one year rolling contract so we can bump up his wages accordingly or move him on if it goes Pear son shaped. :D

Play Offs next season, but not promoted

We may well get promoted automatically or through the Play Offs the season after next.

We will need to spend another £30 million over the next two seasons if in the Championship.

I am putting on my crash hat as we speak. We have a 40% chance of automatic promotion next season. :o

Archived