Scouts at Wembley this Sunday

It might be nothing, it probably is just common practise. But we've got scouts attending the League One Playoff Final on Sunday. I don't know too much regards Millwall, but the striker at Barnsley on loan from Man Utd, Ash Fletcher, he looked some player on TV last week in the semi-finals. 

This very enlightening post was brought to you by a man bored at work, waiting for 5pm. :huh:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

It might be nothing, it probably is just common practise. But we've got scouts attending the League One Playoff Final on Sunday. I don't know too much regards Millwall, but the striker at Barnsley on loan from Man Utd, Ash Fletcher, he looked some player on TV last week in the semi-finals. 

This very enlightening post was brought to you by a man bored at work, waiting for 5pm. :huh:

Sam Winnall maybe?

One goal every two games, good age at 25 and has scored whatever level he's played at.

Or it might even be the Milwall lad, Lee Gregory, another who's been prolific at every level he's played at and keeps stepping up.

halifaxram

Watched Lee Gregory for 4 years at Halifax. The last year he was there, he had bulked up, and improved his fitness. Really went from strength to strength then. Exceptional with his back to goal, and very good at bringing others into the game. Add to that, he normally hits the target with his goal attempts. 

I am both surprised and pleased that he has made the leap to league one so effectively, and having watched quite a few videos of his performances this year, I am pretty sure he could handle himself in the championship.

Hes a good, sound lad, and his work ethic is everything you hope Chris Martins might be, so for me he would definitely be worth a punt.

Four years ago, our strike force at Halifax consisted of Lee Gregory and Jamie Vardy, which says something for the recruitment that was in place at the time.

And just as an aside......Great day out at Wembley on Sunday, FA Trophy won. Just a shame we got relegated as well.

COYR

13 hours ago, halifaxram said:

Watched Lee Gregory for 4 years at Halifax. The last year he was there, he had bulked up, and improved his fitness. Really went from strength to strength then. Exceptional with his back to goal, and very good at bringing others into the game. Add to that, he normally hits the target with his goal attempts. 

I am both surprised and pleased that he has made the leap to league one so effectively, and having watched quite a few videos of his performances this year, I am pretty sure he could handle himself in the championship.

Hes a good, sound lad, and his work ethic is everything you hope Chris Martins might be, so for me he would definitely be worth a punt.

Four years ago, our strike force at Halifax consisted of Lee Gregory and Jamie Vardy, which says something for the recruitment that was in place at the time.

And just as an aside......Great day out at Wembley on Sunday, FA Trophy won. Just a shame we got relegated as well.

COYR

How's his pace halifax? Could he be a harder working, nippier Martin understudy?

15 hours ago, halifaxram said:

COYR

Out of interest what is Jordan Borrow like? He's from the same village as me. I also have the odd pint with Danny Holland, went through school with him.

halifaxram
3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Out of interest what is Jordan Borrow like? He's from the same village as me. I also have the odd pint with Danny Holland, went through school with him.

Jordan Burrow was storming early in the season when the team were absolute gash and 10 points adrift at the bottom of the conference. Since the management change, which saw a massive improvement in the defence, he has been a bit isolated up front, and hence, less effective. Had a productive partnership this Sean Tuton, who went to Barnsley in the January window, and hasn't really been the same since. Rumour is, he may be going to Rochdale.

Danny Holland, a real character, and a good team man. The sort you wish could stay with your club forever, but sadly his legs went. Might be the beer!

halifaxram
5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

How's his pace halifax? Could he be a harder working, nippier Martin understudy?

Works his socks off, and for a biggish guy is pretty mobile, and also quite strong now. No wardrobe, I can definitely say that for a fact.

I would say he has the attributes to be better than Chris Martin to be honest, but of course, you never quite know until you put him into the same situation.

Archived