Keogh confrontation

Phoenix

Whilst trawling through the Briston report re Coppell, I saw this headline. Don't think it's been mentioned on here before. Apologies if it has.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Life-ban-Hull-fan-confronted-Robin/story-29301679-detail/story.html

A HULL City fan who confronted former Bristol City defender Richard Keogh on the pitch at the end of this week's Championship play-off semi-final has been "banned for life" from watching his team play.

Adam Pardoe, 26, who has twice served jail terms for attacking two pensioners in their own homes, confronted 6ft 2in Rams skipper Keogh at the KCOM Stadium. It was captured by TV cameras and a video of the incident has since gone viral on the internet.

Despite apologising for his "stupid" and "disappointing" behaviour, Hull City has revealed Mr Pardoe is banned from "all club fixtures"

Hull City's statement reads: "We have written to Mr Pardoe following our investigation into the incident at the stadium on Tuesday night to inform him that he has now been banned from all Hull City fixtures. This ban is a lifetime ban. We are also advised the Stadium Management Company has issued a similar ban for the stadium."

The ugly scene, captured by Sky Sports cameras, happened as the Republic of Ireland international walked to the dressing room after Hull City held on to beat Derby 3-2 on aggregate.

Mr Pardoe has since said he was sorry for his actions and would apologise to Keogh if he could.

He said: "I was stupid in even saying anything. It was in the heat of the moment and I am extremely sorry. I know it's not acceptable. I have badly let down my family and the club.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived