the silence is deafening

t'oldu

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Excellent use of enjambment which reflects how the inconsistency follows on from season to season. But your poem needs a title.

Oh to be educated, what a gift. 

Please don't waste it @Duracell.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

In fact there are indeed 3 teams who do actually go up,they are the successful ones,then there are the ones who want to go up and fail every year,like us.That's the harsh truth.

Listening to the phone-in.... you would definately be mistaken in thinking rams fans do think we have a devine right to go up. Despite the competitive nature of this league. A bit of perspective would be nice.

1 hour ago, trevor1946 said:

A 5 year plan running into 7 years shows fan patience, allow people at the top to do their job,

Clough--Maclaren-Clements sacked wasall who knows,Board gone,11 coaches moved on,

Millions spent on wages,and transfers,Head of recruitment,leaves

,,before the last fiasco ,stability --, well spending millions helps.

Clough-6 months----Maclaren-18 months--Clements--6 months--Wassall,,hope not,

3 years of hope and the next level championship,football,The only common denominator

And to some blameless, Sam Rush,.

He took us to the next level,starting with a fantastic set of players,his words.

When will the blame game start at the top.

Million s spent on top players to get to the playoffs---groundhog day,,,we were their in 2013/14,

On a small budget,,and made the final

Rush joined in 2013?

Morris has been owner since August/September?

Where are you getting this 5 and 7 year nonsense from. Next you'll be blaming Brian Clough for spending too much money in the 70s and ruining our early 80s!

2 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Hahaha no, six months into a season and had no idea what his best team was.

Yes I know we were top on boxing day but we only going one way under his stewardship, mid-table.

Both of those sentences are your opinions thats all,no basis in fact whatsoever. We could just as easily have finished in the top 2.All we know is Wassall had the chance and he blew it.Clement could have got us out of our blip. All the top teams at that time were all stuttering,their owners stuck with them,ours panicked that's why I have no confidence in our owner.He  keeps cocking it up.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Excellent use of enjambment which reflects how the inconsistency follows on from season to season. But your poem needs a title.

I longed for a rhyming couplet personally. He also failed to counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor but a C+ for effort

38 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Both of those sentences are your opinions thats all,no basis in fact whatsoever. We could just as easily have finished in the top 2.All we know is Wassall had the chance and he blew it.Clement could have got us out of our blip. All the top teams at that time were all stuttering,their owners stuck with them,ours panicked that's why I have no confidence in our owner.He  keeps cocking it up.

If he knew his best team why the chopping and changing? Every game was like line up bingo (as some posters put it)

We could have finished top 2 but we could have finished 10th quite easily. I guarantee if we had finished 10th and out of the play off places most would have been complaining that we kept PC on. Our performances especially from late Nov-early Dec were a concern and when we weren't getting the individual moments to win games we looked shocking and had very poor results. The performances against Reading (yes we drew) and Birmingham at home were not acceptable. Something had to change. Morris gave PC every opportunity to address the problem, but was more concerned on where the result would take him than where the performance would take the team.

11 hours ago, trevor1946 said:

It will take a long time,perhaps never,to persuade Sam Rush,that it is best  he leaves recruitment,and football matters to the professionals,The role of head coach,even with all the millions failed,.

Having total control of the club,will be hard to relinquish ,and Mel will take his time,is he a chairman,or  a part of a committee Dealing with all aspects of the club,,and changing Head Coaches,if they fail,.--it is called the blame game.

Three years of failure,and rewarded with a  new contract...Well done Sam,Rush

That is quite funny :D Made me chuckle out loud.

13 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

In fact there are indeed 3 teams who do actually go up,they are the successful ones,then there are the ones who want to go up and fail every year,like us.That's the harsh truth.

Did Bristol City failed this year? Watford? Will Leicester fail if they don't win every competition next season?

What have Derby been doing for the last 20 years? 

Do you have kids? Is it failure if they don't win the race, finish top scorer, get first prize? 

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I laughed at first...then I realised he was being serious.

Really? Was he? Oh dear. I wonder if he is one the ones who phones up when I am in my car after a match. They are enough to turn me to 5 Live.

The silence is nearly as deafeningas the self-entitled wailing from some quarters on here. 

Somewhat surprisingly, the prime directive appears to be getting the right man for the job and NOT keeping a few impatient posters on here informed even when there is no news to pass on. 

Hold your water and hope for the best, would be my advice. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

The silence is nearly as deafeningas the self-entitled wailing from some quarters on here. 

Somewhat surprisingly, the prime directive appears to be getting the right man for the job and NOT keeping a few impatient posters on here informed even when there is no news to pass on. 

Hold your water and hope for the best, would be my advice. 

Congrats 86 points!!! You're the only poster I've spotted who has more likes than posts!!! I'm impressed!! 

If there's no news then what exactly do people want to hear coming from the club? Hourly tweets stating there's no further news?

That said, this scenario has been on the cards since Clement was sacked, unless we had secured promotion in which case Wassall would have got the job automatically I'm sure. So with all that time, I would expect the wheels to turn quickly. A shortlist to be in place and interviews to have started. If not then I would find that worrying. Although we want the right guy in place we don't want that guy to loose too much ground in terms of player sales and recruitment. 

28 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Congrats 86 points!!! You're the only poster I've spotted who has more likes than posts!!! I'm impressed!! 

Some of us were posting before likes had been invented. Then @David introduced 'hates' first, which meant that my start point was about minus infinity.

I'm giving up Twitter, fed up of the whining and the continual short list posts. Have the club released their short list? No. So shut up about it, they're rumours. 

The shouts saying 'I want an announcement saying Wassall's been sacked'. How stupid are you? He had a job to the end of the season and its ended so his job has ended. How much clearer does that need to be put? 

How are we 'entitled'? I'd like some of those who say we are to eloquently state why we are. Come on, let's here it 

14 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm giving up Twitter, fed up of the whining and the continual short list posts. Have the club released their short list? No. So shut up about it, they're rumours. 

The shouts saying 'I want an announcement saying Wassall's been sacked'. How stupid are you? He had a job to the end of the season and its ended so his job has ended. How much clearer does that need to be put? 

How are we 'entitled'? I'd like some of those who say we are to eloquently state why we are. Come on, let's here it 

I was going to say I don't combine twitter with Derby. Then started to state the exceptions to that rule, then realised Derby is at least 50% of my twitter usage.

Now I'm sad.

Archived