the silence is deafening

t'oldu

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will take a long time,perhaps never,to persuade Sam Rush,that it is best  he leaves recruitment,and football matters to the professionals,The role of head coach,even with all the millions failed,.

Having total control of the club,will be hard to relinquish ,and Mel will take his time,is he a chairman,or  a part of a committee Dealing with all aspects of the club,,and changing Head Coaches,if they fail,.--it is called the blame game.

Three years of failure,and rewarded with a  new contract...Well done Sam,Rush

It's also the modern game, lot's will disagree with having head coaches but give it another 10 seasons and managers will be a thing of the past.

I like the head coach idea, whilst you can say we have failed for the last 3 seasons we haven't had any Billy Davies, Paul Jewell repair jobs. 

I also still maintain that whilst the recruitment does have that scattergun feeling, the squad looks unbalanced for 4-3-3, we have the players here, with the quality to have been promoted this season under better coaches which for me is where we have ultimately failed with the last 2 appointments.

18 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

It will take a long time,perhaps never,to persuade Sam Rush,that it is best  he leaves recruitment,and football matters to the professionals,The role of head coach,even with all the millions failed,.

Having total control of the club,will be hard to relinquish ,and Mel will take his time,is he a chairman,or  a part of a committee Dealing with all aspects of the club,,and changing Head Coaches,if they fail,.--it is called the blame game.

Since when was Sam Rush involved in recruitment and footballing matters?

21 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

you may disagree, and you probably will, but the appointment of Steve McClaren saved this club for a lot of fans.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Since when was Sam Rush involved in recruitment and footballing matters?

And to describe it as 3 years of failure is a bit harsh. OK, so we've not got promoted but we don't have a god given right to the promised land. Every year there will be 3 or 4 teams, and their supporters, who think they should be the ones to go up. 

Personally I'm delighted if Sam stays. 

I don't think the silence is deafening. This is a big steam train .. There are lots of levers to pull and tasks to be done before we reach the station. Have a little patience, allow the guys at the top time to do their work. Why must we treat everything in life like a supermarket ?  .. I want it .. It WILL be on the shelf because I want it and if it isn't then I want to complain and moan and ask for compensation.  

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

And to describe it as 3 years of failure is a bit harsh. OK, so we've not got promoted but we don't have a god given right to the promised land. Every year there will be 3 or 4 teams, and their supporters, who think they should be the ones to go up. 

Personally I'm delighted if Sam stays. 

In fact there are indeed 3 teams who do actually go up,they are the successful ones,then there are the ones who want to go up and fail every year,like us.That's the harsh truth.

1 hour ago, top 6 finish said:

In fact there are indeed 3 teams who do actually go up,they are the successful ones,then there are the ones who want to go up and fail every year,like us.That's the harsh truth.

Then there are those, mentioning no names, that would probably like to go up or even just competing at the right end of the table. At least we're managing that and, whether justified or not, only time will tell, I bet we are considered amongst the contenders next season. 

7 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Like he did with sacking Clement you mean?

Hahaha no, six months into a season and had no idea what his best team was.

Yes I know we were top on boxing day but we only going one way under his stewardship, mid-table.

A 5 year plan running into 7 years shows fan patience, allow people at the top to do their job,

Clough--Maclaren-Clements sacked wasall who knows,Board gone,11 coaches moved on,

Millions spent on wages,and transfers,Head of recruitment,leaves

,,before the last fiasco ,stability --, well spending millions helps.

Clough-6 months----Maclaren-18 months--Clements--6 months--Wassall,,hope not,

3 years of hope and the next level championship,football,The only common denominator

And to some blameless, Sam Rush,.

He took us to the next level,starting with a fantastic set of players,his words.

When will the blame game start at the top.

Million s spent on top players to get to the playoffs---groundhog day,,,we were their in 2013/14,

On a small budget,,and made the final

6 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

A 5 year plan running into 7 years shows fan patience, allow people at the top to do their job,

Clough--Maclaren-Clements sacked wasall who knows,Board gone,11 coaches moved on,

3 years of hope and the next level championship,football,The only common denominator

He took us to the next level,starting with a fantastic set of players,his words.

Million s spent on top players to get to the playoffs---groundhog day,,,we were their in 2013/14,

So what you sayin

5 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Reading between the lines, are you laying the blame for the last few seasons of failed promotion bids at Sam Rush's door, Trevor?

If so, why don't you start a seperate thread to debate it?

44 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Excellent use of enjambment which reflects how the inconsistency follows on from season to season. But your poem needs a title.

Archived