Derby County needs YOU!

Carl Sagan

20 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Pretty poor from Derby really, the role used to be full time, you'd do the all marketing and coordinating of Rammie for all his event bookings in the week and then the matchday stuff on the weekend.

I remember that we were the first professional club to employ their mascot full time in 1996, and because of that the quality did show. Dean Mottram and Richard Cutcher did a absolutely fantastic job as Rammie, their successors not so much.

To make it a minimum wage job on a casual basis, that's ridiculous. If you want somebody to come in, do a great job and stick around for years then pay them a decent wage on a full time basis.

It's not minimum wage, it's national living wage.

From reading the ad, it's more to be a fill in Rammie for kids parties and events, job description mentions nothing about match days.

Also comes with free accommodation in a luxery sheep pen, and all the grass you can eat, as well as a milking from Mel if you hit quarterly targets!

The last paragraph is a lie, btw.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
On 21/05/2016 at 17:45, Carl Sagan said:

Indeed he did get into trouble and was, if I recall, sent off.

WTF! This is how absurd rumours spread. Where on earth did you drag that weird idea from?

Of course he didn't.

Exactly. After the lino made some horrendous decision Rammie rightly thought he could do a better job himself. Ref and his pal weren't happy and sent him off.

This could be one of you, dcfcfans!

that is quite funny to be fair.

Sith Happens

DIdnt rammie get banned a few years back for repeatedly throwing himself to the floor when a player of the opposition (reading?) was down injured as he thought he was time wasting and turned out the player had a broken leg or something?

Sith Happens
On 21/05/2016 at 20:45, ossieram said:

Apparently you have to Shepard kids into parties before fleecing them of all their money.

poor little lambs.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

DIdnt rammie get banned a few years back for repeatedly throwing himself to the floor when a player of the opposition (reading?) was down injured as he thought he was time wasting and turned out the player had a broken leg or something?

Yes. It was Brian Howard after a fairly innocuous collision at a corner. Rammie was rolling around taking the piss and it turned out Howard had fractured his jaw.

Edit - I just searched Brian Howard to check my recollection and found he's plying his trade in the Wessex League at just 33.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Yes. It was Brian Howard after a fairly innocuous collision at a corner. Rammie was rolling around taking the piss and it turned out Howard had fractured his jaw.

Edit - I just searched Brian Howard to check my recollection and found he's plying his trade in the Wessex League at just 33.

I broke my jaw years ago but never got to play in the Wessex League. Missed out there

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I'm sure I remember hearing that Readings players and staff either wanted or indeed had a physical discussion about rammie's poor taste in the matter with him in the tunnel?

Archived