Derby County needs YOU!

Carl Sagan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

To be the new Rammie and Ewie:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Free-entry-Derby-County-match-paid/story-29301559-detail/story.html

Surely there are folk on here who fancy that? Being paid to be at the ground for all the games, able to prowl the pitchside during matches and privileged access behind the scenes before kickoff.

Who's up for it?

How long before Rammie and Ewie have a string of little Lambies?

That role would suit my stature more being all of 5ft 7 in me stockinged feet (although quite old......):lol:

3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd end up getting into trouble, I know the one who did it last season got into a bit of bother?

I'd be too eager to wind the away end up, esp against Florest and would probably end up causing a riot. 

:lol:

Really? That particular item of gossip has eluded me. How did he get himself into some bother?

12 minutes ago, RamDon said:

Really? That particular item of gossip has eluded me. How did he get himself into some bother?

I heard he imitated a beheading or something and he had to leave the pitch. 

Could have been total b*locks though 

2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'd end up getting into trouble, I know the one who did it last season got into a bit of bother?

I'd be too eager to wind the away end up, esp against Florest and would probably end up causing a riot. 

:lol:

Indeed he did get into trouble and was, if I recall, sent off.

2 hours ago, RamDon said:

2 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I heard he imitated a beheading or something and he had to leave the pitch. 

Could have been total b*locks though 

WTF! This is how absurd rumours spread. Where on earth did you drag that weird idea from?

24 minutes ago, RamDon said:

Wow. Talk about bad taste if he did. 

Of course he didn't.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Didn't he imitate a lino?

Exactly. After the lino made some horrendous decision Rammie rightly thought he could do a better job himself. Ref and his pal weren't happy and sent him off.

This could be one of you, dcfcfans!

Pretty poor from Derby really, the role used to be full time, you'd do the all marketing and coordinating of Rammie for all his event bookings in the week and then the matchday stuff on the weekend.

I remember that we were the first professional club to employ their mascot full time in 1996, and because of that the quality did show. Dean Mottram and Richard Cutcher did a absolutely fantastic job as Rammie, their successors not so much.

To make it a minimum wage job on a casual basis, that's ridiculous. If you want somebody to come in, do a great job and stick around for years then pay them a decent wage on a full time basis.

Archived