What is your strategy for us getting promoted next season?

Rampage

Q!. Who would you realistically appoint as manager?

Rowett, Pearson or O'Neill 

Q2. How many players do we need for next season?

Depends how many leave

Q3. What sort of net transfer budget do we need for next season?

Depends how much clubs are asking for their players

Q4. Do we need a major clear out or can we tweak the squad?

Tweak it like Miley Cirus

Q5. Can we realistically bring U21 players into the team next season?

Not seen any to pass comment

Q6. Can we hang onto Hughes and Thorne next season?

Yes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

1. Warburton. Sod the Orangemen bring him here

2. 3-4 at most, Thorne cover (Hanson perhaps), A CF who can play with Martin or on his own (Weiman? Blackman?), RB competition. Depends on outgoings and quality available, squad members already here might be able to adapt to slightly different roles and get used more.

3. @HantsRam has it right, whatever wiggle room we have under FFP. Given free hand, £5-6m

4.Baird, Pearce, Shotton, All bent toes ah, Bent, Blackman

5. Yes, if they're good enough they're old enough. Lowe would have been save for injury, Hanson did.

6. Thorne we will, no doubt. Outsiders will start to think "sicknote" however unjustified. Hughes, the only two factors in our favour is we don't need to sell and he has been out a long time. It'll be hard and if Will decides he wants to step up a level, it's game over and thanks for the memories, good luck.

Started typing and then realised this is pretty much my thoughts spot on.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

You get 50 likes over any 24 hour period. So if you gave a like at 10:30, 10:32 11:00, when it gets to that time you will have a like available to use. If you used all 50 at 11:30 last night unfortunately you will not get them back until that time tonight.

I would give you alike for that rynny, but I have no likes! :cool:

1. I think Nigel Pearson would be no nonsense, motivate the players into a tight-knit group, and potentially make some astute signings (weren't Vardy/Mahrez bought under him?) Chris Powell as his number two. 
  2. A competent CDM back-up option (as ever).
  3. If anything, we should be making more than we're spending. 
  4. I think we need a minor clear-out, the squad needs trimming down to size. The new manager should let any player who doesn't 100% want to be here leave, we've got a large squad that needs a bit of spirit injecting into it. 
  5. Yes. Hanson has made the step up, Guy has already made the bench. Jono Mitchell should go out on loan, highly rated. 
  6. Yes. Highly-rated as Hughes is, he has spent this entire season out injured and we have him on a long contract. I don't think he's particularly itching for a move away. We'd never get what we paid for Thorne given his injury record, and I don't think anybody would take the gamble on him. Not complaining, I want him to stay anyway.

Q1. Who would you realistically appoint as manager?

Pearson first choice. He's the exact no nonsense, no **** manager we need. There is clearly a problem within the squad in terms of bottle in big games. We've seen it too often now. The resolution to this is a strong leader. We actually need at least two. We need one on the pitch and we need one as a coach. Nigel Pearson would be the strong leader needed.

To be successful maybe 4. At least two of them need to significantly improve the squad.

Net? Not a lot. We're going to in my opinion clear a lot more than we sign, because we need to. I think we could recoup enough money from offloading players to only spend £4-5mil extra to go up.

Not major but a lot of the squad players who have little or no chance of playing may as well leave. I would rather have hungrier, younger players to sit on the bench rather than players like Darren Bent, Alex Pearce, Chris Baird etc. If they don't play they won't happy and it won't benefit the squad as a whole.

Haven't watched any personally but if players like Guy and Elsnik are making the bench in league games, we may see a couple take part in the League Cup and go from there.

Thorne - yes. He'll be injured for the entire summer, so he won't go then. By the time he's fit to play again the window will be closed and I expect he'll be pretty key to our side and won't want to leave in January. Hughes I think is imperative. We need to convince him that this is the year and he'll play in the Premier League next season (2017/18).

16 hours ago, Rampage said:

The dust is beginning to settle on our loss to Hull. Some questions for you to comment on.

Q1. Id like someone with more expierence, i like wassell but i dont think hes quite ready yet to take over. Id like tonsee him stay at the club in another role if thats possible! Moyes or chris houghton for me. 

Q2. Not many, i think a smaller squad, we didnt need all them extra signings. The squad is to bloated. We could do with right back cover. Think the squads been good enough to walk this division for the last 2 or 3 seasons with the right manager and a bit of luck! If we do sign they have got to be better than what we have, dont buy like for like!

Q3. Not much, £10mill at most, id sell a few and add that to transfer kitty if needed.

Q4. Id clear a few out maybe, bent, camara, blackman, baird, albentosa ( only because hes homesick) Id sell either johnson or butterfield aswell, whichever got a buyer first, both if the moneys good!

Q5. Yes, if were playing well we can blood a few in no problem. Need the team to be playing well though, with confidence and then the youngsters should be able to step up,

Q6. I hope so! I think keeping hold of them is much more important than going out and signing new players! Carson, shackell, keogh, thorne, hughes and martin is a good spine, i really hope we can keep them!

Lots of complacency on here lots of belief that top managers would want to come here We have been in this league I think for 8 years,which makes us a championship side,especially as we have failed to get into the Autos by 11 points. If we don't get it right we may not make it into the top 6 next season.Many of our players have been given enough chances and have been found wanting. Burnley and Dyche have taken loads of stick on here,but didn't hang around long. I don't think we should turn down reasonable offers for any of our players. We need players with more guts and commitment as well as more skill,if we fail to do this,we will go nowhere.

Q1. Who would you realistically appoint as manager?

Probably Rowett. Seems a considered guy who can bring a team together, and he's succeeded everywhere he's been.

I think we need 3 really - one striking option who contributes to play if Chris Martin isn't in form, or if we feel like we need two up front. Bent is good at scoring, but contributes little else. I do think we have big problems when Martin is either out of form, or the other team is good at dealing with him. We've struggled for alternative threat, but Chris contributes a lot elsewhere and we need a player who'll do that. I reckon there's enough dropped points in that kind of game this season there to get us promoted.

We also need a quality winger, and we also need to replace Blackman as our #3 wing option as well. Possibly four, a replacement if Johnson doesn't seem to improve in pre-season?

I'm not sure really, depends on what we can sell.

There's a few that need to go. Baird, Pearce, and possibly Johnson and Blackman. I don't have much against them, but there's no real point in them being here. Possibly time for Bent to go as well if he won't give him more than 10 minute cameos.

Appropriate replacements should come from within (young players for Baird's full-back role, Rawson for Pearce) and externally to better Johnson and Blackman if we can.

Yes. Correctly clearing out the squad should open up spaces for league cup games and as subs, and if they perform in those then they're competing for a starting place.

Hope so! I don't think Hughes would be upset to stay, unless certain clubs come in for him with big money. Thorne is broken at the moment, and I don't see why anyone would take that risk in August when he's going to be - at best - making tentative steps back.

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

I would give you alike for that rynny, but I have no likes! :cool:

Nobody likes @rynny.

Hang about - that didn't sound right.

14 hours ago, eustonstation said:

A5:  There are some I'd give a shot in pre-season to see what they can do (Rawson, Bennett, Calero) and have them float around the first team. 

Well, scratch Calero off that list now!

I guess he had a couple of years to show something and just didn't come through.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

My strategy for next season is to turn up and support the 11 on the pitch and to leave all the decisions to the professionals and money men.

I agree. Go to as many games as possible and make loads of noise (of a positive nature!)

Though I would be gutted if the answer to question 6 isn't 'yes'.

11 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

If Pearson is not available then substitute his name for Howe, Dyche, Warburton, Hughton, Warnock, Rogers, Martinez, Bruce, Holloway etc.

Hughton has signed for 4 years at Brighton

Rogers has gone to Celtic

Warnock has not gone to Rotherham

And then there were 8 from 10

The Final Countdown

23 hours ago, Rampage said:

The dust is beginning to settle on our loss to Hull. Some questions for you to comment on.

1.) Anyone but not Sherwood, Rowett, Martinez, Holloway and Hoddle. 

2.) 2 players RB as back up and DM as back up. 

3.) No idea 

4.) Few players need to get rid likes of Shotton Baird Pearce Roos/Mitchell on loan again and Albentosa 

5.) Yes if good enough. 

6.) Of course we can.

:) 

Archived