When would you expect we'd hear anything ?

RiddingsRam

On 5/19/2016 at 17:21, toldu said:

We''ll hear something when Mel decides to tell us

toldu has just toldu, ok :D

On 5/19/2016 at 17:21, toldu said:

We''ll hear something when Mel decides to tell us

Do you need toldu to have toldu again? :D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Because it will take time for a new manager to assess the squad, identify targets, sort out his staff, set the training regime, give his opinion on the pre-season routine/matches and generally get settled in. The earlier planning starts, the more chance there is of hitting the ground running. Being managerless now could easily be the difference between promotion and not.

I think it's clear to see that the "Derby way" doesn't involve the coaches identifying targets, just "approving them". More time helps, but there's no rush. An appointment at the start of June gives the new gaffer a ton of time to prepare. 

21 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Maybe this is why we've installed the coloured lights.

Cheap and environmentally friendly alternative. A flash of eg blue lights up the ipro when mels reached a decision. :)

Maybe white smoke, like the Vatican? 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

toldu has just toldu, ok :D

Do you need toldu to have toldu again? :D

Speechmaking 101...

(From a former competitive speechmaker)

Tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em

Tell 'em

Tell 'em what you told 'em

2 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I think it's clear to see that the "Derby way" doesn't involve the coaches identifying targets, just "approving them". More time helps, but there's no rush. An appointment at the start of June gives the new gaffer a ton of time to prepare. 

Unfortunately the 'Derby way' also involved wasting £25m. If we carry on in that fashion we'll be emulating the 'Bolton way' soon enough. Faffing about now will be catastrophic.

22 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Unfortunately the 'Derby way' also involved wasting £25m. If we carry on in that fashion we'll be emulating the 'Bolton way' soon enough. Faffing about now will be catastrophic.

True. Not saying it's the correct way. Things definitely need to change, but this appointment key, as is getting it right 

I should explain that when I sent in my user name it should have read.........t'oldu......... descriptive of self.

I would like to remedy this but don't know how. Please rescue me Dave  ??  I am not a bossyboots  knowall...........well not really !!

12 hours ago, gazram80 said:

You forget one thing in your disagreement mm is in charge not Sam rush. 

What? I was using Sam Rush as an example of someone who can come in with a fresh perspective, I didn't mention him being in charge/making the decision at all?

7 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

But we didn't waste £25m. We spent excessively but the squad had to be strengthened. Wish people wouldn't keep peddling this line.

I can't believe people are mocking our deadline buys. Yes, we spent some money but would those moaners really be more pleased with pretty much whole season without Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson and Hughes?

At least it would've make this season really one to remember..

Yep, gotta jump on the 'wasted £25m' nonsense. The only buys that you might argue were 'wastes' (purely becasuse of game time if nothing else) are Blackman and Camera. Even though some people didn't play like Messi 90 mins a game over 46 games, just about every player we bought showed that they were decent players who made a postive contribution to the squad.. Annoys the **** out of me that people conveniently forget how well Johnson played when he first came (who, I think, with Blackman gets  the most stick for the so-called 'waste', as if they cost £25m between them).

Oh, in terms of when we'll hear anything - well, I imagine it'll be when there's something to tell. Until then, enjoy the sunshine.

36 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Yep, gotta jump on the 'wasted £25m' nonsense. The only buys that you might argue were 'wastes' (purely becasuse of game time if nothing else) are Blackman and Camera. Even though some people didn't play like Messi 90 mins a game over 46 games, just about every player we bought showed that they were decent players who made a postive contribution to the squad.. Annoys the **** out of me that people conveniently forget how well Johnson played when he first came (who, I think, with Blackman gets  the most stick for the so-called 'waste', as if they cost £25m between them).

Oh, in terms of when we'll hear anything - well, I imagine it'll be when there's something to tell. Until then, enjoy the sunshine.

Quite right Lazlo. Even those 2 (Bent Camara) were probably thought of by PC as being alternatives to a Martin who was going well off the boil around the turn of the year. For whatever reason, we know that Clement really didn't fancy Bent and possibly the others signed just around the time he joined (Ince Weimann).

Its easy to be critical with hindsight but all of the buys had a certain logic to them. Just didn't necessarily work out well as evidenced by the fact that latterly we have returned - yet again - to most of NCs and SMs team.

I just heard the bells from Brugge Cathedral. I think the loudness is a penance for those who had drunk rather too much Holy Water the night before.

Naturally, I was unaffected. This is because my mind does not recognise the concept of 'too much'.

44 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I don't recall one word of complaint when we signed Bradley Johnson, at the time he appeared to be everything our midfield had been missing for the previous couple of years!

I agree with you - the only ones that were questioned at the time were the January acquisitions of Camara & Blackman, when we already had Weimann & Bent waiting in the wings.

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But we didn't waste £25m. We spent excessively but the squad had to be strengthened. Wish people wouldn't keep peddling this line.

Completely disagree - we wasted £25m. We spent £25m and neither the squad nor the team is appreciably stronger.

We spent, assuming the reports were correct, just over £25m in transfer fees last season. Only Carson has improved the team and he was about £150k. Of the others, only Ince and Shackell would be in our first choice eleven. Are they an improvement over Ward/Dawkins and Buxton. My view is that they are about equal, therefore we would have been in the same position had we not signed them.

We spent close to £12m to cover the injuries to Hughes, Bryson and Forsyth. That £12m has bought inferior players to each one. It would have been far cheaper and far-sighted to have covered those positions with loans.

Consequently, it is my opinion that we have wasted £25m and that is because we didn't have an experienced manager running things. The players that have been bought in have either not been good enough, or haven't fitted in with the head coach's system. That screams out that either the head coach wasn't experienced enough and had insufficient knowledge of the available transfer pool or that the players were brought in without reference to the head coach.

Archived