When would you expect we'd hear anything ?

RiddingsRam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

We could go on like this forever.

I was correcting the title post. We are not likely to "here" anything but we are likely to "hear" something

Thanks for that ! I'm sure people will understand what I meant now . 

8 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I would have thought that, having a short list of 10 for every playing position (or was it 20?), there would be a short list of 10 (or 20) for the managerial position.

Firstly, you need applicants.

Apparently, we had lots, as was reported shortly after PC left.

We aren't going to get anyone who doesn't want to come, I always get concerned when it becomes obvious the club isn't going to hire the person fan 'A' wants and fan 'A' spits his dummy out. Maybe his choice hates Derby?

The season-ticket buying optimist in me thinks that a candidate was identified ages ago and a deal, official or not, is in place. If that is the case it's just a case of managing the timelines, staff and communication.

The wrist-shredding crushing cynic in me thinks they'll go with Wassall or a very poor hand-me-down that is spat out of the current Premiership merry go round.

Warburton was on talk sport yesterday morning ,,, got to tell you he most certainly don't sound like he is going to be leaving rangers anytime soon so I reckon we can forget that one ,,, the good candidates they are falling fast , 

I still dont think we have anybody lined up

either that or its been kept quiet, usually this sort of stuff gets leaked and the bookies have a nailed on favourite. We dont have a clue who the next manager is going to be which makes me think neither does mel 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'd be alright with Wassall as manager. I'd be alright with a new guy as manager. 

I won't be alright if our recruitment team are still in their jobs come next season. Fxcking abysmal for a long time now.

Yep totally agree with both sentences,  I think it will be wassall  as manager,

1,   mm likes him

2,  he knows mm version of the derby way (443 I believe!)

3, DW knows the under 21 set up well and is more likely to utilise them when required.

4, will not demand more money I don't think

20 minutes ago, gazram80 said:

Yep totally agree with both sentences,  I think it will be wassall  as manager,

1,   mm likes him

2,  he knows mm version of the derby way (443 I believe!)

3, DW knows the under 21 set up well and is more likely to utilise them when required.

4, will not demand more money I don't think

I completely disagree with this, there's a danger in hiring a completely comfortable manager. We don't need a yes man, someone who's going to say yes to everything Mel wants because as much as I respect Mel for what he's doing for our club, he isn't omniscient.

There's a lot of good stuff Mel wants to introduce, but I think we need a new, more experienced manager with a fresh take on things at the club. We need someone who will question the way some things are run at the club if they're not all that they should be, that's what happened when we appointed Sam Rush. We could have appointed someone who already knew the set-up and was a comfortable choice, but Sam Rush completely changed this club for the better because he had higher standards. 

There's also all the obvious points of Wassall not being a big enough name to attract certain players, showing a lot of tactical weaknesses in his time in charge and the massive outcry it would cause from the fans if he was appointed. Also, from the players perspective he's a substitute teacher and there's a reason substitute teachers don't have a regular teaching post.

For a club that's being showing ambition for a few years now, Wassall would be a very in ambitious appointment.

Archived