When would you expect we'd hear anything ?

RiddingsRam

The £25m quoted will be the maximum payout if all add-on bonuses are met, which will include a large wedge for promotion and also appearance add-ons. Our initial outlay will have been much less than that.

I'm sure some of you lot reckon Mel & Sam are daft!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly 25m wasted. The squad would be a fair bit weaker if we didn't have Ince and shackell. Wouldn't have wanted to spend the majority of the season with out having brought in Johnson and Butterfield once Hughes and bryson were out. 

27 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

The £25m quoted will be the maximum payout if all add-on bonuses are met, which will include a large wedge for promotion and also appearance add-ons. Our initial outlay will have been much less than that.

That's a quite likely scenario, but I must ask, where did you come by that information?

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The squad is appreciably stronger imo Coenwall so we will have to agreee to differ.

Fair enough Pimp, I disagree that the squad is stronger - it's weaker than the one which lost at Wembley and about the same as the one which finished the season before the one just gone.

The one caveat I would add though, is that hopefully a new manager will come in and get more out of those players whom I currently consider to have been a waste of resources. In that case I'll happily accept that I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

This is 100% correct. These huge figures suggested by the media won't be reached unless promotion is achieved in X amount of years. Our outlay of transfer expenditure this season is not even 20m when you take into account add ons and bonuses 

18 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

This is 100% correct. These huge figures suggested by the media won't be reached unless promotion is achieved in X amount of years. Our outlay of transfer expenditure this season is not even 20m when you take into account add ons and bonuses 

Yep and they would be paid off over multiple years anyway. Fans seem to think that all transfer fees are paid up front, but in reality they are spread over so many things.

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Yep and they would be paid off over multiple years anyway. Fans seem to think that all transfer fees are paid up front, but in reality they are spread over so many things.

Yeah. It will restrict spending until promotion eventually happens, but I think we've got a good core group of players now. Not many additions are needed at all. The right manager could bring the best out of this squad, I'm confident of that.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

That's a quite likely scenario, but I must ask, where did you come by that information?

It's a reasoned assumption based on the fact that transfer fees are undisclosed and tend to be leaked from the selling clubs end. They will leak the maximum fee not the minimum fee that they will receive.

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

It's a reasoned assumption based on the fact that transfer fees are undisclosed and tend to be leaked from the selling clubs end. They will leak the maximum fee not the minimum fee that they will receive.

Surely they would be as likely to leak the lowest possible figure so other clubs don't hold them to ransom when they buy players?

The whole 'undisclosed' thing certainly makes it hard to work out. The DT pretty much always publish a 'believed to be figure', and the DT do tend to get most of the information that they publish direct from the club. I've had a few of conversations with people high up in the club's hierarchy where they have pretty unguardedly confirmed a couple of these figures - and £20m spent over the summer came up in such a conversation, and on occasions directly disagreed with printed figures.

Just now, Simsy said:

where you hear that?

Shall I stop refreshing website waiting for the announcement for the next week then :lol:

Heard it in the pub but again it could be bs. But look at Percy Twitter he said similar??? :unsure:

Things are moving along. Retained players has to be done first as that has a legal deadline. I expect if a shortlist has been drawn up as the press suggest then we'll start getting leaks about interviews taking place in a week at most and an announcement 2-3 days later. With so many rumours going around about managerial appointments I expect we won't wait much longer so as to ensure we don't miss out on anyone. Of course we should also get something on Harry's future at some point, but I expect that to be after or alongside the managerial announcement. Wonder if any talk of managers like Di Matteo being available has changed the shortlist at all.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Things are moving along. Retained players has to be done first as that has a legal deadline. I expect if a shortlist has been drawn up as the press suggest then we'll start getting leaks about interviews taking place in a week at most and an announcement 2-3 days later. With so many rumours going around about managerial appointments I expect we won't wait much longer so as to ensure we don't miss out on anyone. Of course we should also get something on Harry's future at some point, but I expect that to be after or alongside the managerial announcement. Wonder if any talk of managers like Di Matteo being available has changed the shortlist at all.

Are you ITK ? or is it all just assumption?

On 5/22/2016 at 07:29, t'oldu said:

I should explain that when I sent in my user name it should have read.........t'oldu......... descriptive of self.

I would like to remedy this but don't know how. Please rescue me Dave  ??  I am not a bossyboots  knowall...........well not really !!

You are a good guy t'oldu. We like your posts.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Thank u Rampage.       I feel a lot happier now Dave has rescued me and put the ' in  :)

Rample,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I would imagine that if the betting odds are true Sherwood will have been recommended by 'Arry   and they would come as a unit.

Archived