When would you expect we'd hear anything ?

RiddingsRam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine Wassall would know now what his position is and  Mel/rush are working in the background at getting a new manager or asking Wassall what he needs for next season.

Regardless of ur view on Wassall, he will be going on a much needed holiday very soon and I imagine he will know his position before he goes.

I would also imagine any new manager wouldn't be announced until June time.

Hopefully in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

As much as I'd love for us to move quickly, I reckon our new manager thread will be reaching a George Thorne number of pages before we hear anything.  Would be happy to be proven wrong mind...

Through Nicholson who interviewed Wassall yesterday sounds very much like DW has no idea either way.

You'd like to thik Wassall would know by now, but perhaps that would detract from the task he had at hand.

I imagine the review process will start soon and DW will be called in to see Sam n Mel.

Presumably Mel and Sam would have discussed it yesterday. If they decided on Wassall they'd need to talk to him and organise a contract. Maybe that could be done by tomorrow. They might even wait a day or so more to dream up some positive spin as they know it wouldn't be a particularly popular decision.

If it's not Wassall they will have to go through a selection process, maybe interviews, asking other clubs permission to speak, liaising with agents etc. That would surely take a week or so. 

If it's Wassall, I doubt we'll hear anything until they suddenly announce it. If we're looking elsewhere, I'd be surprised if some journalists don't get wind of things first. When the announcement is imminent DT and RD bods will disappear from Twitter as there'll be an embargo to allow a simultaneous news release. Worryingly, Steve Nicholson has been a bit quiet this morning and the others silent. I'm hoping that doesn't point to Wassall announcement this afternoon.

To me, no news before Monday is a positive sign.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

We could go on like this forever.

I was correcting the title post. We are not likely to "here" anything but we are likely to "hear" something

Who?

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Presumably Mel and Sam would have discussed it yesterday.

You'd think that Mel & Sam would have had everything planned out in detail for each scenario. God knows they've had long enough to think about it since Clement had his pips.

Wassall's body language was that of a man who knows he is stepping down, but has shown enough spirit to step in again at any given time to do a short term job. If his position was up in the air or he felt hard done to he'd have been acting very differently.

When does the season officially end? I'd be surprised if we hear an appointment before then. Normally it's season end, two weeks holiday and then back to work

i'm not expecting a running commentry from the club on targets, etc. but a little more transparency and accountability wouldn't go a miss over the coming months. 

Not heard from Mel or Sam for ages and they usually love a PR opportunity

Archived