Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Swansea and Wolves to replace those two relegated sides next year

Only Swansea are certain of it, promoted as champions like we were last season. Places 2-5 play off, but it's a decent type of playoff where it's skewed heavily to the higher league position:

In Division 2, the league winners get automatic promotion to Division 1

Teams ranked second, third, fourth and fifth go into a promotion play-off

Second plays fifth place at home and third hosts fourth in the semi-finals, both at the club’s main stadium, while the final takes place at the home ground of the team who finished highest in the league

All play-off matches are one-off ties, decided by extra-time and then penalties if the match is level after 120 minutes

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, angieram said:

A couple of photos from me too, just to show the size of the crowd. 

I meant to take some more once the game started but forgot!

2017-05-06 09.39.03.jpg

I can see the back of my head on this one :lol:

11 hours ago, rynny said:

A few pictures from tonight. Really enjoyed it. Thought we looked disciplined and worked very hard. Motm was Macdonald for me.

FB_IMG_1494020865505.jpg

FB_IMG_1494020845058.jpg

FB_IMG_1494020859787.jpg

FB_IMG_1494020854962.jpg

FB_IMG_1494020849663.jpg

Great photos.

Sorry me and the Memsahib nearly photobombed your lad when he was having his pic taken with Gary Rowett after the game.

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

You should have :lol:

I've looked at the others. I did. The mass of grey hair is me.

Just now, rynny said:

Were you sat next to the dugout?

About 4 or 5 seats to the left. The Memsahib said 'that's your hair' so I'm taking her word for it here because I've never seen myself from the back. I was in Block O, Row JJ, Seat 149. It would be a stretch if there were two Father Jacks at the game, of course, but you never know.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

About 4 or 5 seats to the left. The Memsahib said 'that's your hair' so I'm taking her word for it here because I've never seen myself from the back. I was in Block O, Row JJ, Seat 149. It would be a stretch if there were two Father Jacks at the game, of course, but you never know.

There would have been 2 Father Jacks then, Block F, Row DD Seat 142-139 :lol:

1 minute ago, rynny said:

There would have been 2 Father Jacks then, Block F, Row DD Seat 142-139 :lol:

And there was a decided absence of DRINK!!! too (because I refuse to include Heineken in that particular Venn Diagram)

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I see Eddie every home game anyway. Never plucked up courage to say hello to him yet. And I think he's moving now, so I've probably blown it!

I know he can be a bit "blunt"' but is he so frightening? ?

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I know he can be a bit "blunt"' but is he so frightening? ?

It's when he shouts" great scott!" and threatens to take you back to the future that scares people off. 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

I see Eddie every home game anyway. Never plucked up courage to say hello to him yet. And I think he's moving now, so I've probably blown it!

We will be buying tickets on a match-by-match basis next year because we both turn 65 half way through the season.

Archived