Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

I'm hearing suggestions that Jayden Bogle is related to someone at iPro, wonder if there's anything in that?

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Think we have one more famous father now too - Henry Wise now in the Under 18s squad, son of Dennis I think ??

Think so, could be a namesake though. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

No Max Bird (this seasons Academy Player of the year)? Seems odd to me.

5a81dcd2b0d5.jpg

Think he's staying in the u16s

Their positions:

Joe Fryatt – Goalkeeper

Russell Carter-Thompson – Defender

Cain Thomas – Defender

Michee Mbuti – Defender

Fuseine Rashid – Defender

Jordan Mills – Full Back

Jayden Bogle – Full Back

Jaydan Thorne – Full Back/ Midfielder

Jack Haywood – Midfielder

Brandon Hitchman – Midfielder

Henry Wise – Midfielder

Ayomide Jibodu – Winger

Jayden Mitchell-Lawson – Winger

Cameron Cresswell – Winger/ Forward

Adam Davie – Forward

And just to confirm the 2nd year scholars they're joining in the U18s:

Matt Yates (GK), Harry Goode (D), Joe Bateman(D/M), Micah Edwards (F), Giann Magno(M), Jahvan Davidson-Miller(F) and Luke Thomas(W/F).

Stjarnan 0 ÍBV 2  go through into quarter finals of cup.  Charles Vernam has really picked up his game from the last match and was one of the best ÍBV players this time, had three shots on goal, one hitting the post and another ÍBV player following up and scoring.  Substituted on 76 minutes.  Stjarnan is a good team battling for top spot in the Úrvalsdeild so to have good game against them says a lot for our young Vernam.  Delighted for him, he will be scoring again soon if he can maintain this kind of energy and hunger.  Exactly how he needed to react to a poor last match.

A TAMWORTH goalkeeper has had his "dream come true" by securing a one-year professional contract at Derby County, after impressing the coaching staff.

Eighteen-year-old Josh Barnes from Amington, put pen to paper on his new deal in May and will now continue his professional development under the Rams.

Despite his excitement in gaining the place through his hard work, he insists he will not rest on his laurels and aims to continue progressing and developing.

He said: "I am really pleased to have got the contract, it is a real relief and weight off my shoulders and it is a chance for me to keep working and getting better.

"Just because I have secured the contract doesn't mean I can stop though and I have to keep working hard to make sure I get another one next year.

"It is a really exciting time to join the club.

"They were unlucky not to get through the play-offs, but everyone here is moving in the same direction and that is towards securing a place in the Premier League.

"I have got a lot of plans for the future and they are to get first team football.

"It would be brilliant to get it here at Derby County as there is such a great buzz at the club.

"I just want to keep progressing, getting stronger and developing."

Josh was one of four young talents to secure a one-year contract at the club.

After being let go by Aston Villa as an under-12, he was scouted by Jason Pearcey, Derby's academy goalkeeping coach.

Josh is a regular between the posts for the under-18s and he has also featured on one occasion for Derby's under-21s as they went on to gain promotion this season.

Rory Delap, Derby County's professional development phase coach, said: "No-one at this club gives contracts out that aren't deserved and a lot of work has gone in by all of them to get into this position.

"The players are at different levels, they all have things that they have to work on.

"All four of these players have been excellent and shown that they are capable of taking the next step to play for the under-21s.

"This is the start of the next challenge for them and the work starts all over again, because they will have an eye on earning their next contract."

Paul Barnes, Josh's father, has praised him for obtaining his new contract.

He said: "Me and his mother are so happy for Josh as he works so hard on the football pitch.

"Derby County is a really good place to be at the moment, but as they have such high aspirations, he is going to have to work twice as hard to get his name out there.

"We are so proud of him, we know he will continue to progress and one day we may get the chance to watch him play in the big stadiums."

10 hours ago, ramit said:

Stjarnan 0 ÍBV 2  go through into quarter finals of cup.  Charles Vernam has really picked up his game from the last match and was one of the best ÍBV players this time, had three shots on goal, one hitting the post and another ÍBV player following up and scoring.  Substituted on 76 minutes.  Stjarnan is a good team battling for top spot in the Úrvalsdeild so to have good game against them says a lot for our young Vernam.  Delighted for him, he will be scoring again soon if he can maintain this kind of energy and hunger.  Exactly how he needed to react to a poor last match.

Must've been the skyr!  :D

1 minute ago, Princess said:

Sorry I'm not spam, I've just joined 4rum. but how to creat new topic? I have something new and I want to share! Thank you!

Futurama-Fry.jpg

13 hours ago, rhysbeck said:

Must've been the skyr!  :D

I had some but it was a bit runny.

Must have been a water skyr.

ÍBV 0 Breiðablik 2  The goals came in the first six minutes.  The game report indicates a hard physical game where Breiðablik dominated in the first half.  Charles Vernam played the whole game but the only mention of him was in the first minutes where he took a free kick which came off the crossbar.  Think that's the third time he hits that crossbar.  ÍBV seems to have played 442 with Vernam in midfield but in the last 10 minutes he was put up front after a Breiðablik player received a red card for elbowing.  A bad first half for most of the ÍBV players and their struggles in the second half bore no fruit.

On 8 June 2016 at 13:54, SaintRam said:

Their positions:

Joe Fryatt – Goalkeeper

Russell Carter-Thompson – Defender

Cain Thomas – Defender

Michee Mbuti – Defender

Fuseine Rashid – Defender

Jordan Mills – Full Back

Jayden Bogle – Full Back

Jaydan Thorne – Full Back/ Midfielder

Jack Haywood – Midfielder

Brandon Hitchman – Midfielder

Henry Wise – Midfielder

Ayomide Jibodu – Winger

Jayden Mitchell-Lawson – Winger

Cameron Cresswell – Winger/ Forward

Adam Davie – Forward

And just to confirm the 2nd year scholars they're joining in the U18s:

Matt Yates (GK), Harry Goode (D), Joe Bateman(D/M), Micah Edwards (F), Giann Magno(M), Jahvan Davidson-Miller(F) and Luke Thomas(W/F).

On 8 June 2016 at 12:17, SaintRam said:
There's previously discussed Ayomide in the last group, former teammate of Fuseine Rashid in the first section. Both are very highly touted, not many other names have much info on them though as you might expect.

This is pretty weird for me, as I spent about 6 months at the academy when I was 10/11, so seeing them sign scholarship deals is quite interesting. Due to my time spent there, and also due to the time spent playing junior football with some that joined later, I can talk through what a few of the boys are like.

Joe Fryatt was my best mate when we were at primary school and we're still mates now (we also go to the same secondary school), he's a good lad, a good keeper and it would be fantastic if he made it because I could say that I know a first team player!?Michee was an absolute beast of a centre back, even at the age of 11 he looked about 16. I believe that he came from Congo and he has everything: pace, strength, defensive ability and skill on the ball. Jordan Mills was a tricky winger (I also played with him briefly at Forest when we were about 6) who I think has converted to left back since playing for the U-18s, and Jack Haywood is an energetic central midfielder. I think I played with Jaydan Thorne before he was at the academy, as he played for the Development Squad as a midfielder and he was so classy. I think he has a decent chance of making it if it's the guy that I'm thinking of. Brandon Hitchman is someone that I haven't come across since I was about 8, as he used to play for a team in the U9s division in Burton and he got scouted by Aston Villa at the same time as me (yes I've been around the circuit?), but at the time he was a very good player. I've never played with Cameron Cresswell but I've heard from Joe Fryatt that he's a pretty exciting talent, whilst I specifically remember Joe Batemen (the 2nd year scholar) as being a really nice lad who was very welcoming to me when I first joined, despite being in the age group above.

@Sammy1946, Max Bird is the year below this lot so he cannot legally sign a scholarship as he has to do his GCSEs next year, as opposed to working full time for the Academy.

I hope that helps anyone that's interested?.

9 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

This is pretty weird for me, as I spent about 6 months at the academy when I was 10/11, so seeing them sign scholarship deals is quite interesting. Due to my time spent there, and also due to the time spent playing junior football with some that joined later, I can talk through what a few of the boys are like.

Joe Fryatt was my best mate when we were at primary school and we're still mates now (we also go to the same secondary school), he's a good lad, a good keeper and it would be fantastic if he made it because I could say that I know a first team player!?Michee was an absolute beast of a centre back, even at the age of 11 he looked about 16. I believe that he came from Congo and he has everything: pace, strength, defensive ability and skill on the ball. Jordan Mills was a tricky winger (I also played with him briefly at Forest when we were about 6) who I think has converted to left back since playing for the U-18s, and Jack Haywood is an energetic central midfielder. I think I played with Jaydan Thorne before he was at the academy, as he played for the Development Squad as a midfielder and he was so classy. I think he has a decent chance of making it if it's the guy that I'm thinking of. Brandon Hitchman is someone that I haven't come across since I was about 8, as he used to play for a team in the U9s division in Burton and he got scouted by Aston Villa at the same time as me (yes I've been around the circuit?), but at the time he was a very good player. I've never played with Cameron Cresswell but I've heard from Joe Fryatt that he's a pretty exciting talent, whilst I specifically remember Joe Batemen (the 2nd year scholar) as being a really nice lad who was very welcoming to me when I first joined, despite being in the age group above.

@Sammy1946, Max Bird is the year below this lot so he cannot legally sign a scholarship as he has to do his GCSEs next year, as opposed to working full time for the Academy.

I hope that helps anyone that's interested?.

Brilliant post, BurtonRam7.

Stjarnan 1 ÍBV 0  Charles Vernam was in the starting eleven alone up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation.  After 21 minutes he had been offside two times but on 26 minutes gets a shot off at goal from a tight position but straight at the goalie who palms it away.  Stjarnan score shortly thereafter.  On 77 minutes Vernam pulls off a spectacular drive that licks the post and goes wide, most everyone thought it was in at first.  Subbed on 82 minutes.  Better luck next time Charles.

The ref was apparently atrocious tonight

Archived