1 Stjarnan   5  3   2  0  12  3  +9  11

2 FH            5   3  1   1   8   3  +5  10

3 ÍBV           6   3  1   2    9  6  +3  10

Vernam plays for IBV

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maydrakin said:

Roos is now 24, does he even qualify for this thread?

Most U21 teams have GKs that aren't under 21, so until he starts making the bench regularly or moves on then yeah.

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Most U21 teams have GKs that aren't under 21, so until he starts making the bench regularly or moves on then yeah.

He made four less appearances than Jake Buxton for the u21s this season, so should we refer to any progress about him in this thread too?

I'm not trying to be a pedant here, I just don't think it's quite relevant to discuss Roos in this thread...

17 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

He made four less appearances than Jake Buxton for the u21s this season, so should we refer to any progress about him in this thread too?

I'm not trying to be a pedant here, I just don't think it's quite relevant to discuss Roos in this thread...

This goalkeeping thing has really come home to Roos t.:D

Roos is now neither in the first team squad nor the U21s.

We need a thread for the Inbetweeners.:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Is that the Eredivisie or one down from it? How did they spot him? Area for concern, I think.

They won the 2nd tier last season, promoted to Eredivise for this season. I believe he had a trial with them. I don't find it all that concerning, the bottom of the Eredivisie is worse than the Championship imo.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Is that the Eredivisie or one down from it? How did they spot him? Area for concern, I think.

They won the division below last year so will be in the Eredivisie next season.

Not sure how it came about. Do Derby help out over finding new clubs when contracts aren't renewed? Or was it Calero's agent touting him around? It would be a strange one to think a team new to the Dutch top flight have a better international scouting network than us.

It's a shame he didn't get a chance last season, but when the academy head is put in charge of the first team and doesn't pick you, and then put a 17 year old (I think) Elsnick on the bench, I suppose you must begin to suspect your days are numbered.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

They won the division below last year so will be in the Eredivisie next season.

Not sure how it came about. Do Derby help out over finding new clubs when contracts aren't renewed? Or was it Calero's agent touting him around? It would be a strange one to think a team new to the Dutch top flight have a better international scouting network than us.

It's a shame he didn't get a chance last season, but when the academy head is put in charge of the first team and doesn't pick you, and then put a 17 year old (I think) Elsnick on the bench, I suppose you must begin to suspect your days are numbered.

Elsnik turned 18 in April. 

And I've been tellin' everyone for a long time he has the brightest future of all of our young players, fully expect him to be given more opportunity than others older than him. 

Don't think we should read too much into Calero. Sure he could end up being a good player but he's only going to do that playing. He simply wasn't good enough to play for us any time soon, which meant he'd never develop into the player he can be. 

He was playing in the U21 Premier League last season, plenty of scouts from Europe will have watched him and for free he's more than worth a gamble for a team who I imagine are going to be adding a lot of players to their squad in an attempt to stay up.

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but with Wassall's return to the u21s, has Delap gone back to his previous role or will he work along side Wassall managing the u21 team?

Pretty sure Delap will go back to the U18s

This is a bit random but there was a Kosovo vs. Faroe Islands match today and a quick glance at various match reports shows a "A. Bunjaku" player scoring Kosovo's goal (game ended up 1-1 I think)

I know Alban Bunjaku has played for Kosovo in the past but I was just wondering if this was just some crazy name coincidence or is he back enjoying his football again? Couldn't find much info on the game but was curious nonetheless when I saw the name! At club level it seems he too like Calero has found decent playing time in the Dutch leagues

6 minutes ago, rhysbeck said:

This is a bit random but there was a Kosovo vs. Faroe Islands match today and a quick glance at various match reports shows a "A. Bunjaku" player scoring Kosovo's goal (game ended up 1-1 I think)

I know Alban Bunjaku has played for Kosovo in the past but I was just wondering if this was just some crazy name coincidence or is he back enjoying his football again? Couldn't find much info on the game but was curious nonetheless when I saw the name!

Flash Scores are reporting it as Albert Bunjaku, who plays for a Swiss team.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Flash Scores are reporting it as Albert Bunjaku, who plays for a Swiss team.

Ahh right thanks for the info. In that case if Alban ever makes it back to the intl team it'll be a nightmare keeping track of them both! Alban/Albert  :lol:

Under 21 Squad Members (***** -Play sometimes) May need updating

Keepers

*****Jonathan Mitchell…...2016?(joined 2014 - all we know is new deal signed in 2015 still under contract after 2015/16 s

*****Kelle Roos………...…2018 (joined 2014 new deal 2015) l

Heinrich Ravas ................2019 (joined Jan 2016 U21)

Josh Barnes - GK

Full Backs

***** Max Lowe...................Signed fist pro contract 2015

Kyron Stabana - Left back

Center Halves

Ethan Wassall .................. 2018 (From academy 2015)

Farrend Rawson .........      ????? joined 2014 thought he expired in 2016 but obviously not)

Alex Cover.........................2018

Midfield

Callum Guy…………….….2016 + 1 year option (joined from academy Jan 2014

Alefe Santos ………......….2016  (joined 2014) offered new terms

Kellan Gordon...................2018  (from academy 2015)

Timi-Maxi Elsnik.................MID - joined 2015 till 2018

Calum Madonald ................

Forwards/Strikers

Offande Zanzala……….…...2017 (joined 2015)

Luke Thomas .................... 2018 plus 1 year option (joined U21 squad January 2016)

Alex Babos ........................2018 (Joined 2016)

Charles Vernam...................signed first procontract 2015

Lewis Walker ......................2018 (joined U21 squad January 2016)

Mason Bennett……………….2018 (from academy extension 2014)

Emil Riis Jakobsen ...............joined 2015 till 2018

Tom Mellors 

Archived