Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

5 Million?? ?

The parachute teams have so much cash to spend that the market will be distorted next season. Add to that teams with wealthy owners, us, Forest (maybe), Brighton, Bristol City, Shef Wed etc, who will be limited by FFP, but still wanting to compete. 

I can see £5m being the normal price for an experienced Championship player just coming into their prime.

If we pay anything close to that for him I give up because it will just show that the club hasn't learned from anything these past 12 months.

With competent scouting we shouldn't need to be signing experienced Championship players. There is no way anyone can tell me there isn't better out there than Grant bloody Hanley for £5m.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

If we pay anything close to that for him I give up because it will just show that the club hasn't learned from anything these past 12 months.

With competent scouting we shouldn't need to be signing experienced Championship players. There is no way anyone can tell me there isn't better out there than Grant bloody Hanley for £5m.

Would rather give Rawson his chance 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Would rather give Rawson his chance 

Exactly.

People want us to sign Lewis Dunk or Grant Hanley or whoever is flavour of the month, but the only way they have developed to be decent Championship players (and that's all I think they are), is by someone giving them a chance.

I don't see why we can't give our own a chance. Let Keogh and Shackell be the starters and then let Rawson be ready to come in and take his opportunity if he gets chance, as our second choice.

If Pearson has a 3 at the back in mind then there's better out there. How much did Goldson cost Brighton, Tarkowski cost Brentford? 

I think our scouts are lazy and if we keep with this transfer policy our coaches are too. It's easy to look at who might be decent in the Championship and buy them for an inflated fee. Why don't we develop our own or find players from elsewhere we can develop.

Would much rather give Rawson a chance than sign Hanley...Rawson has played at this level now and isnt out of his depth, would be more than happy with him as backup to Keogh and Shackell. Also shows there is a pathway from the U21s to the first team still which can only improve the U21s as the players will know the step up is possible.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

In rotheram united defance he more less kepted them up single handley.

Rawson was recalled on the 22nd February when Rotherham were 5 points inside the relegation zone on 26 points, that bad that they were only 1 point from bottom, he definitely had nothing to do with them staying up.

Or if you're on about the season before, I doubt that Rawson single handedly kept them up in the 4 out of 11 games he played during his loan spell (2 wins, 2 losses). So again he didn't really have anything to do with Rotherham staying up, and if anything, he made it worse as they got 3 points deducted due to them messing up the paperwork and playing whilst ineligible.  

Please look at the facts before posting. 

9 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Rawson was recalled on the 22nd February when Rotherham were 5 points inside the relegation zone on 26 points, that bad that they were only 1 point from bottom, he definitely had nothing to do with them staying up.

Or if you're on about the season before, I doubt that Rawson single handedly kept them up in the 4 out of 11 games he played during his loan spell (2 wins, 2 losses). So again he didn't really have anything to do with Rotherham staying up, and if anything, he made it worse as they got 3 points deducted due to them messing up the paperwork and playing whilst ineligible.  

Leave B4 alone... He's a hero... He's allowed to post without facts...

9 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Never let a fact get in the way of a good B4 post. Don't you know - B4 is the Zlatan of this world.

Archived