Grant Hanley - Confirmed to Newcastle

gazram80

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

He is like a white Wes Morgan, is he a donkey too?

?????

Does that mean he is like Wes Morgan?

Or is he like Wes Morgan but with some extra super powers because he is white? 

If you just mean he is a beast of a defender, then "he is like Wes Morgan" probably would have sufficed.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

?????

Does that mean he is like Wes Morgan?

Or is he like Wes Morgan but with some extra super powers because he is white? 

If you just mean he is a beast of a defender, when "he is like Wes Morgan" probably would have sufficed.

A Scottish Wes Morgan would have been more in-tune with football player comparisons. Like Christie, the Irish Cafu.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Ideally I'd like us to sell Pearce and albentosa and maybe let Bucko go now and replace with Hanley to go wth keogh and shackell?

Don't forget selling Shotton too. Getting rid of all those will give us enough to buy Hanley if we wanted to.

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Ideally I'd like us to sell Pearce and albentosa and maybe let Bucko go now and replace with Hanley to go wth keogh and shackell?

Don't forget selling Shotton too. Getting rid of all those will give us enough to buy Hanley if we wanted to.

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The deals that look to be either on the table (Albentosa) or close (Shotton) would yield us what £1m?

If Blackburn want 2.5 for Hanley, can you really see us getting 1.5 for Bucko and Pearce - and if so who do you think Hanley would replace in our side (assuming he wants to come to get first team action).

Last season the belief was that Keogh would leave, as he was stripped of the captaincy and given the dreaded "invitation to fight for his place" by Clement - so we bought Alex Pearce and then Keogh stayed! so we recruited to cover a problem we didn't have.

I think that although not in trouble, we won't have so much wiggle room in the FFP stakes to be able to take punts on potential replacement needs this time around so if the plan is to clear out 4 and to bring in one, then which of the 3 of Keogh, Shackell or Hanley would you see as the bench warmer?

23 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Don't think one of Keogh, Shackell and Hanley would be sitting on the bench, that would be a waste.

My guess would be that Keogh gets sold to a Premiership club who overpay. If we can't get Hanley hopefully we could buy someone like Duffy or Dunk to pair with Shackell.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Have 3 at the back. I reckon our full backs would be better suited as wing backs anyway. 

Carson

Keogh             Shackell        Hanley

Christie                           Thorne                                         Forsyth

Bryson                 Hughes

Ince

Martin

Something like that were you thinking?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Christie                           Thorne                                         Forsyth

Ince

Martin

Somethin like that. Hard to be sure of what would be best in front of the back line but that's most in-line with our current system

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Ince

Martin

If you are playing 3 cb's you need 2 out and out strikers. Swap Ince for Weimann/Bent/Russell/Blackman. If you want Ince then we could do similar to when TBE was in charge have 2 sitting mids  (Hughes and Thorne) then Ince just behind the front 2. Could even put Martin there, and have 2 pacey strikers feeding off Martin.

2 hours ago, sheepshagger123 said:

fulham have bid 1.5mill for hanley....

Good for them and I hope they get him. 

Archived