Kits

RamLad1884

why do people say Blue and White are the proper colours? Is it just because we won the league in those colours? There's more people alive now that never saw us wear blue, and more that have passed away that only saw us wear black than watched is in blue and white.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

Eranio 29 for, at least i think it was 29

Eranio's shirt number was 20.

I'd like to see a rehash of the Patrick kit in black and white.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing some trim in a third colour, like we used to in the late 80s and early 90s...

4 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Didn't Clough want to emulate the England kit, and that's why we swapped to a white jersey/blue shorts? Might be wrong.

That's how I recall it.

4 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

One year they should have a couple of designs for the home shirts and let the fans decide. Could be intresting.

The 95-97 kit was the winner from a selection of 5 kits...

I voted for a different option, without the grey stripy bits on the arms...

32 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

A lot of clubs will releasing their new shirts for next season. I always think that derby leave it late to release ours.

I think it's odd teams are releasing theirs now before the 15/16 season is even over!

I've always been in the blue shorts camp.

Also, I don't mind the red sponsor logo. We have an amazing sponsor when you look arouund at the companies our peers end up stuck with, and our local rivals can't even get a sponsor at all!

To that end, every time we have a kit thread, I always request red numbers. As well as blue shorts that's how the rest of the world remembers us for our greatest times. It's sticking two fingers up to the gumps and saying we'll wear what we want. If it was good enough for Todd and Macfarland, it should be good enough for Keogh and Shackell.

6 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Leicester actually wore theirs against Everton.

Now that is ridiculous! Is this a relatively new thing, or have I just been ignorant to it? All the big Prem teams have released pics of new kits this week. I can only assume it's so they're able to sell loads to a bunch of foreign fans as they do a pre-season Summer tour of East Asia or wherever. Still seems way too early, though.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Now that is ridiculous! Is this a relatively new thing, or have I just been ignorant to it? All the big Prem teams have released pics of new kits this week. I can only assume it's so they're able to sell loads to a bunch of foreign fans as they do a pre-season Summer tour of East Asia or wherever. Still seems way too early, though.

They had a big to-do down at the docks in Liverpool to release their new (very similar to the old) kit this week. 

To be fair though, do you remember our one-off big-day-out kit that the players only ever wore against WBA at Wembley in the 2007 play-offs? Could never understand the point of having a new kit just for that game, myself. 

6 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

They had a big to-do down at the docks in Liverpool to release their new (very similar to the old) kit this week. 

To be fair though, do you remember our one-off big-day-out kit that the players only ever wore against WBA at Wembley in the 2007 play-offs? Could never understand the point of having a new kit just for that game, myself. 

Yeah I do remember that. Don't think it was ever on sale to Joe Public though? Was an odd one. Maybe it was a psychological move by Davies to boost the players mentality?

Archived