Kits

RamLad1884

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Puma has our kit manufacturer. Get a decent sponsor that looks nice on the shirt. Bombardier was our best sponsor because it was black and not too extravagant. Create a modern version of these shirts. Job done.

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

derby_county_1956-1957.gifderby_county_2003-2005.gifderby_county_2015-2016-1st.gif

1. Love the old-school badge and I like a collar on a football kit. 

2. One of the earliest kits I can remember going to watch us play in, so I'm probably biased towards it. 

3. Love this season's kit, particularly the subtle diamonds. Just wish we had a sponsor that was easier on the eye. 

And another reason for going back to blue - 

It was Brian Clough's idea to play in blue shorts.

It was Robert Maxwell's idea to return to black.

Whose side do you think that karma is on? It's not a Gypsy course it's the curse of the thieving fat millionaire, and can only be lifted by returning to blue.

Just now, BarrowRam said:

One year they should have a couple of designs for the home shirts and let the fans decide. Could be intresting.

Having been exposed to them recently more than ever, I would never let the larger DCFC fanbase decide anything.

23 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

And another reason for going back to blue - 

It was Brian Clough's idea to play in blue shorts.

It was Robert Maxwell's idea to return to black.

Whose side do you think that karma is on? It's not a Gypsy course it's the curse of the thieving fat millionaire, and can only be lifted by returning to blue.

Didn't Clough want to emulate the England kit, and that's why we swapped to a white jersey/blue shorts? Might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Middle one.  Best kit and the best two years football I've seen us play...

Was a strange time. Few great years, people suggesting we'll challenge for the UEFA cup places next season and suddenly we start to struggle. A struggle (from a Premier League perspective) that continues until this day.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Was a strange time. Few great years, people suggesting we'll challenge for the UEFA cup places next season and suddenly we start to struggle. A struggle (from a Premier League perspective) that continues until this day.

We were all set to be a regular top 8 side but two things happened -

Firstly, Schteve left for Manure

Secondly, The Bald Eagle lost his knack for cheap but very good signings.  Everybody points out Nigel's patchy signings but plenty of Jim's weren't very good at all.  For every Biano, Eranio or Wanchope, there was a Candido Costa, Bragstad or Beck...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

We were all set to be a regular top 8 side but two things happened -

Firstly, Schteve left for Manure

Secondly, The Bald Eagle lost his knack for cheap but very good signings.  Everybody points out Nigel's patchy signings but plenty of Jim's weren't very good at all.  For every Biano, Eranio or Wanchope, there was a Candido Costa, Bragstad or Beck...

And the lights went out against Wimbledon. If not for that, we'd be European champions by now. 

Archived