Unbeaten against the other 3 probable play off teams

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Carson reckons that this is his most consistent season to date.

He's been very good. His averages rival the best in the league, his totals are lower due to his time injured.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In Sheffield Wednesday's 14 games against the other 7 teams in the top 8, they've W0 D9 L4.

In order to go up they're going to have to do something they haven't done this season, and actually beat a good side.

Didn't they beat 7the placed Cardiff on Saturday?

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Who, in turn, beat us. And we beat Hull. and Hull beat Boro. 

So, if Brighton beat boro and boro are in the playoffs, Wednesday are obviously going to win, as they're clearly better. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Who, in turn, beat us. And we beat Hull. and Hull beat Boro. 

So, if Brighton beat boro and boro are in the playoffs, Wednesday are obviously going to win, as they're clearly better. 

I was pointing out W0 against top 7 is incorrect as they have just beat Cardiff

Just now, rynny said:

I was pointing out W0 against top 7 is incorrect as they have just beat Cardiff

Yes, and I was pointing out they're going to beat Boro.

Gold-Star.jpg

Give them it now.

Well done, Wendies - beat the champions of Europe twice. You get a gold star for that.

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sorry, that was the one game they had won. I'd read the stat before the weekend so it would have been 13 games, 0 wins, 9 draws.

The only statistic worth considering is our form heading into the playoffs.
 We are playing good football again and perhaps more importantly,
  the squad character has matured.  Am therefor reasonably optimistic.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm not sure if it'll be relevant, but if it's us v boro at Wembley it's the last two beaten finalists who play each other. Someone will go home very unhappy.

Although if Brighton win on the weekend, will krankar spit his dummy out again and go raging off into the sunset, then come back?

Be funny if he did.. and there'd be no going back a 2nd time, walk out once you might get away with it, spit your dummy out again and they'd tell you not to bother coming back.

I think were better than wednesday, hull & brighton. We've beat hull twice we can do it again plus i thought we had another gear against weds & brighton

last few games theyve had something to fight for we really haven't. Just dread facing boro they seem to just defend and bore us out the game  

I really fancy Brighton to not only beat Middlesbrough, but really put them to the sword. I don't know why, but I do fancy them to get the win and promotion this weekend. 

Boro will have a tough match against Wednesday, which could go either way, my guess is with Wednesday winning. 

Derby and Wednesday in the final. 

Derby win. 

:ph34r:

Yes it's somewhat ironic that we now have what seems like a regular settled starting eleven that are all jelling very nicely & playing consistently very well especially with Hughes & Bryson back in & at their very best. 

Mainly an eleven I might add that weren't purchased since June last year for what now seems like stupid amounts of money.

Although I left the Amex on Monday feeling absolutley delighted at our superb performance & so much more positive about doing well in the Play Offs, I did leave with just two regrets. The first one obviously being that we'd conceded the equaliser to ten men with what was virtually the last kick of the game. But the other regret more significantly was wishing we'd somehow managed to sign Anthony Knockeart earlier in the season instead of a few of the other purchases we've made. Had we done so early enough it could have well have  been us Rams needing to win this Saturday to gain automatic promotion to the Prem. Sadly the £2.4 Million Brighton paid for him does look & seem like the buy of the season.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I really fancy Brighton to not only beat Middlesbrough, but really put them to the sword. I don't know why, but I do fancy them to get the win and promotion this weekend. 

Boro will have a tough match against Wednesday, which could go either way, my guess is with Wednesday winning. 

Derby and Wednesday in the final. 

Derby win. 

:ph34r:

Yes I've just had a brief look on the Boro Fans Forum. They say all the pressures on Brighton this Saturday. I really can't agree with that at all, all the pressure is on Boro surely & for a good many reasons. I really hope that Brighton manage turn them over, if only for the fact that my dislike of Karanka is beyond words, I just hate the guy.

PistoldPete2

I want boro not to lose as I don't fancy playing them, with our record. But we are playing well right now. 

If boro fall into the play-offs we might as well all go home and prepare for next season. But I think that they will get at least a draw vs Brighton so theres not much we have much to worry about. 

Hull wont be easy to beat on their patch we got lucky earlier in the season but hughes and bryson are in great form and i suspect we could win it in the 1st leg 3-1.

Sheff wed or brighton at Wembley are all winnable and you hope our experience in 13/14 will be to our advantage.

Derby v Wednesday or Derby v Brighton would be the best play-off finals. Great adverts for Champ football, if the regular season was anything to go by.

Playing against Boro in the final would be a nerve-fest. Defensive *****.

3 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

If boro fall into the play-offs we might as well all go home and prepare for next season. But I think that they will get at least a draw vs Brighton so theres not much we have much to worry about. 

Hull wont be easy to beat on their patch we got lucky earlier in the season but hughes and bryson are in great form and i suspect we could win it in the 1st leg 3-1.

Sheff wed or brighton at Wembley are all winnable and you hope our experience in 13/14 will be to our advantage.

If Boro fall into the Play Offs we might as well go home & prepare for next season. What sort of defeatist talk before we even kick a ball is that I wonder, I just hope our players don't think the same as you do my friend.

Archived