Team for Ipswich..

Walsall_Ram

35 minutes ago, needles said:

We're nearly playing brilliantly, and we're getting better. For me, don't interrupt the momentum.

Agreed. People kept saying rest this that for last 2 games and nothing happened. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Do acrued yellow cards count in the play offs ? Are any of the squad walking the "disciplinary tightrope " ?

Nope. Somebody mentioned the cut off point, can't remember when it was exactly. However the only yellow card suspension a player can pick up is for 15 yellow cards. Our most carded player has 8 cards. It may be 9 after yesterday but I'm not too sure on that. Basically unless we get a red, nobody will be suspended.

5 hours ago, irobinson said:

And Hendrick is not also fit? - well I would rest GT - he ambled a bit yesterday...wheres Warnock or Baird when you need them!!:ph34r:

Thorne was being careful after his early booking - very wise given who the ref was.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Rest Bryson, Thorne, Martin, Russell and give Butterfield, Johnson, Bent and Weimann a game.

Did you say that for last 2 games? 

56 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rest Thorne and Will, play Butterfield and Johnson?/Guy/Hendrick?/Baird

Ridiculous if Thorne/Will not fit for Play Offs

Will still needs game time. He was only excellent at Brighton - we need him to be sublimely wonderful for the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Do acrued yellow cards count in the play offs ? Are any of the squad walking the "disciplinary tightrope " ?

Nobody is anywhere near.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Thorne looked knackered, does he need games or rest? I do not know.

I think he needs games ,  that's the only way he's going to get up to the level of fitness he was at before his injury plagued season . 

I'd see how Hughes / Thorne are feeling after recent games and rest one of them IF they're jaded. Other than that full strength side. Momentum going into playoffs is key. We're unbeaten and in good form. Wholesale changes will do far more harm than an injury to 1 player would. We have enough depth to recover from that. A shocking performance and going into a game at any less than 100% for the win will create a negative atmosphere. 

Don't mess with an unbeaten side.

seths-cap

Do we not also need to get a few of the bench warmers involved, blow off the cobwebs and that, so they're ready to go if needed? As much as I want to see a consistent eleven, a player could pick up an injury in training as easy as a game, so surely using this last game to get the likes of Blackman, Weimann, Butterfield and the likes involved would be a good idea. Don't go crazy, just 3-4 changes.

Keep the same team,sunless someone has picked up an injury, if we win and hull lose, which is more than a possibility, we will then play at home second, which in play offs games could be an advantage, so if there is still a chance of over taking Hull we have to give it a go, I will be roaring the Rams all the way to Wembley.

4 hours ago, The Rams 127 said:

Thanks for that. Because after reading this forum for the last month or so I'd developed this idea that they were both useless and hadn't done anything for us this season, a waste of money... 

Both have been key to where we are. And they're probably now both set to watch on as others come in for the playoffs. The beauty of a strong squad I suppose. We're blessed with such talent in that area. Had they all been available all season, we'd have pushed for the top two in my opinion. And let's not forget Jeff either who has had his moments. 

Great video. :thumbsup:

Archived