Team for Ipswich..

Walsall_Ram

Forgone conclusion.. Hull home to Rotherham, us home to Ipswich..

Completely nothing to play for whatsoever.

Time for the cotton wool.

So this would be my team,..

Carson
Stabana-Keogh-Buxton-Macdonald
                  Koblenz
           Johnson-Butterfield
   Blackman - Bent - Weimann.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tricky position for Wassall to be in. Assuming no one gets injured, I think the best thing he can do is stick with the team that will start the playoffs to build consistency, get all the players on the same wavelength and maintain match sharpness (we all know what happens if you rest Russell or Bryson, they go off the boil). On the other hand, if anyone gets injured he'll be crucified. I think best thing he can therefore do is start with the same team, and then make changes early on.

Can anyone confirm how long in previous years there has been from the last game of the season to the 1st leg of the playoffs.

i thought in years gone by, that the first leg was always the midweek following the last game of the season.

So in essence starting with the last game of the season you had 3 games in a week.

i thought this is why you would rest players on the final sunday of the season, if playoff qualification was already confirmed, so they would be fresh for the 2 legged semis which only had 4 days between them.

This year however there 5.5 / 6 days between the final game and the first leg of the semi, meaning the players might be that little bit fresher if they have had to play in the final game of the season.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Stick with the same side that beat hull bolton chalton drew shiffield wednesday and drew with brighton.

It wasnt the same side in these games. Bradley played against Hull is now injured or might be fit. Jamie played at Charlton, hes now got a dislocated shoulder. Thorne missed sheff wed game. Butterfield missed brighton game.

Momentum and confidence are everything. We must play a full strength side against Ipswich to keep this going. Will Hughes is looking sharper with every game and the others are growing in confidence as a result. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Maybe give Weimann a start instead of Ince, otherwise same team as Brighton but get our noses in front I'd be inclined to give Bryson and Will a rest, just as precaution, giving Johnson and Butterfield game time in case they are needed.

Take off J.R towards the end for a breather, bring on Blackman.

If only being a football manager was so easy.

Carson, Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Olsson, Thorne, Bryson, Hughes, Ince, Russell, Martin.

Not even a discussion. 

Concerned about a potential injury to Christie now though, need to make sure he stays in the team with Hanson out. 

I'm normally for form and continuation of settled side. However this is a Mick Lumps McCarthy team and they do like to play strong arm. Would hate to lose Hughes, Bryson or Thorne to an injury against this lot. 

Over to you Wass... Tough call I'd say but I think he will go with same XI...maybe change Bryson for Jacob Butterfield. 

Just now, irobinson said:

I'd play Butterfield and rest Hughes. Hanson for GT

Play Wieman and Blackmen up front (save Jonny - and Incey)

Play Bucko for Keogh

Hanson's out for the season.

Archived