Nervous or Optimistic?

So, Hull it is for our semi final playoff draw!

How are you guys and gals feeling?

I've got to say I am more relaxed and optimistic about this playoff than last time round.

Hull are a good side but are going through an end of season wobble, not the greatest of time to have it especially when facing a team who have already had 2 convincing wins against them this season.

Hopefully we can emulate the previous games against Hull and get ourselves to Wembley.

That said we will face Sheffield Wednesday or Brighton/Boro in the final. These will provide an incredible final for the neutral.

Wednesday have had a fantastic season but I feel we have the upper hand due to our experience and quality in the squad.

If we come together as a squad that day then I think we will be able to go toe to toe with Brighton/Boro and I think this fixture will solely rely on who has the luck of the draw on the day.

So.... Back to topic

Who is nervous or optimistic (like me) and what is your reasoning behind this?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Moving from resigned to not going up to cautious optimism. We can beat all the play off sides, but all could beat us, depending on the day.

It definitely a lottery

It also depends on what Derby team turns up 

Not nervous or optimistic at the moment...i think the games will dictate the nerves. Since our games against Sheff Wed and Brighton have been draws and surely Hull will improve I expect VERY close and nervy games...and that will make me nervous!

I expect to be far more nervous during the away leg. Think we'll win the tie overall though. Final is one game, just need the lads to turn up. 

In a strange way I think I'd prefer Sheff Wed in the playoff final. About the only side that seems as bad as us from corners and set pieces not in shooting range. As magnificent as we did defend yesterday it remains the best chance to score against derby is from those corners and set pieces and Brighton and Boro are both pretty good at them.

Excited and optimistic but then I tend to look for positives in most situations.

For me it will be tight and don't expect a 4-0 repeat stroll against Hull, but so long as we don't implode at the away leg, I think we have enough to unlock their defence.

Get to the final and also confident enough we can beat either the other two on the day. Wembley is made for our fast attacking breaks and so long as we overcome Hull, I'd hope Daz would get a few practice sessions in at St Georges on the replica pitch.

Bring it on, fear nobody.

Ive seen the Rams at Wembley 3 times in my life. 1st time against Cremonese, 2nd against Festa and lastly against QPR. I missed the WBA game!!!

So going into the play offs this time im a little bit aggrieved if the truth be know. We had a good enough squad to go up automatically but lets not go over that again.

Our squad is far more capably to get through to the final than any other time. For me its not too much about nerves but airing on the side of caution. 

Ive debated with my self over the last few weeks as to whether to go to Wembley if we get there. Im due personally so I will be there but lets just hope we dont bottle it. It is defo there for us to lose.

2 hours ago, r_wilcockson said:

I'm optimistic but also at the same time extremely nervous! I'm getting married on Sat 14th (first play off leg) so my mind fortunately may be on other matters and I can just check the score after the ceremony!

Why wait until after the ceremony? You must have mobile phone and your wife to be won't have any objection at all to you checking for twitter updates frequently. 

On 03/05/2016 at 12:45, r_wilcockson said:

I'm optimistic but also at the same time extremely nervous! I'm getting married on Sat 14th (first play off leg) so my mind fortunately may be on other matters and I can just check the score after the ceremony!

Half fan ;)

It'll be interesting to see how the other play off goes. Wednesday will be really up for it having just made the play offs, whereas Brighton or boro will be absolutely gutted on missing automatic promotion. 

Having said that, it didn't seem to affect us against Brighton 2 years ago. This is where the manager earns his pennies. 

Archived