What would we need to do to do a Leicester?

Rammeister

So, let's assume we DO go up this season or maybe next.

What would it take or what would we need to do differently on my the pitch to win the Premiership in the next 3 years?

As a starter for 10, I think we would completely need to alter how we play up front and inject some pace and menace. Not sure our Plan A target man approach would worry too many sides there at the moment.

Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You also need all the top clubs to have a shitter of a season.

Man utd, destroyed by injuries

man city, manager told he's done, only interested in europe

chelsea, spent half the season trying to get manager sacked.

arsenal, being arsenal.

Liverpool, new manager, new ideas, will take time.

That will never happen again, the closest we'll ever get is gunning for europe....if were lucky.

We need to go down to League 1, win that. Then win the Championship and then the Prem. All with freebies and bargain buys.

But that's not how we roll nowadays. We like to spend big and tread water in the Championship.

Nobody will ever do a Leicester ever again. Its very rare you get a bunch of millionaires to play as a solid team now. We were building a team and then money blew it all up. Luckily the backbone of that team seems to have pulled it back around again.

But, yes, in hindsight I wish we'd gone down to League 1 and won something. Leicester have won three titles in eight years now. Incredible.

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

arsenal, being arsenal.

That will never happen again, the closest we'll ever get is gunning for europe....if were lucky.

Top clubs...? When was the last time Arsenal won the league...? And don't even get me started on Liverpool, it has been 26 years since they won it, most people on here weren't even thought about then..! 

9 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

arsenal, being arsenal.

Tend to disagree- it is more likely to happen more frequently with lesser sides awash with money.

I would also say the 'mystique' and 'aura' around the so called big clubs has been well and truly destroyed this season, consequently other teams do not show them the respect they had done previously.

Be lucky in general.

Have the big teams be inconsistent. Be consistent. Have great team spirit. Have low-impact injuries. Players don't make mistakes, or if they do, aren't punished for them. Have a head coach who's clearly great at man management, to keep the players focused. Oh, and scout out some incredible talent on the cheap.

Generally, I agree with @Srg - this isn't going to happen again. But if it does happen, it wont be to Derby. Because this is Derby. 

First we need to get to PL...

Then survive, just. Then have racist orgy and replace thug manager with gentleman who has never win a thing.

That would be start but I wouldn't want it to happen. I wouldn't want gentleman as our manager :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Be blessed by Buddhist Monks, only reasonable explanation for them winning it.

Runs over to Leicester, dons blue scarf, sets fire to ants nest.

I'm blessed by Trappist monks anyway.

Archived