can we beat Hull for a third time?

29 minutes ago, São Paulo Ram said:

I think the semi-final is going to be a lot more difficult than the playoff final. If we manage to turn over Hull at home, the way we collapsed against teams like Rotheram doesn't fill me wth confidence that we could defend a lead away from home. We are going to need 2 big performances. 

In honesty, we are flying a little bit under the radar with the playoffs, and I fancy us to turn over any team on neutral ground. That big Wembley pitch will suit our midfield 3 of Bryson, Hughes & Thorne and in honesty, I am confident on a one-off occasion of beating Brighton, Boro (yes, really!) or Wednesday.

Depends how big the lead is. But we wouldn't be doing ourselves any favours by not turning up at the KC, for sure.

I'm confident of beating anyone in an one off game, now Hughes is back, too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, davenportram said:

I'm a bit worried about playing Hull in the play offs. For is to go through it would mean that we have beaten them at least three times out of four that we will have played them.

I think that given the championship level of competition particularly in the top 6-8 teams it will be hard to achieve that

A bit of Gambler's Fallacy creeping in there!  If you've kept 2 clean sheets against a team already, no reason to think it can't be done again.

PistoldPete2

It's likely that the three other teams in the playoffs will be Brighton, wendies and hull. We haven't lost to any of them this season and on current form we whouldnt be too fearful of any of them. We have played all three in recent games and we were the better team in all three. Both the wendies and Brighton were quite lucky to get draws in the last two games. I spose boro might be third and they are a bogey teams for us. But if boro lose to Brighton, why should we fear them ? 

19 hours ago, davenportram said:

I'm a bit worried about playing Hull in the play offs. For is to go through it would mean that we have beaten them at least three times out of four that we will have played them.

I think that given the championship level of competition particularly in the top 6-8 teams it will be hard to achieve that

Alf Ramsey, 30 July 1966: "You've won it once, now you must win it again."

It's all in our own hands ,, this group of players are capable of going out and ripping any of the others a new one they just got to get out there and play

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Leicester team cost £23 million, Squad £57 million.

I think it cost £60m for them to get out of Championship. 

In answer to the OP and after due consideration including a glass or two, a conversation with the dog, a meeting with the self doubt sub committee and a word with the gods of football .... the answer is the same as for should Steve Bruce consider enrolling with Weight watchers for the benefit of his all round good health 

Whilst I think trying to beat a team 3 times in one season is tempting fate a little.

Im still glad we have Hull in the semi. Forget our record against them for a moment. Whoever finishes 3rd is still clearly on a great run of form, and Wednesday only lost once recently and looked decent against us and destroyed cardiff last weekend.

Hull are the team out of the 4 which are very hit n miss at the moment. For that very reason... I think we will get to wembley. As someone just said. Win the home game... then I think its ours for the taking, I always fancy us to score away from home.

The play offs are always a lottery, luck can have a huge part to play but we shouldn't be worried about playing anyone.

If we play with belief and confidence we have no one to fear. Stevie Mac lost the belief somewhere last season, even before the Newcastle stuff he was holding back our style even though it was proven from the year before.

PC inhibited it again this season which was ok ish while we were winning......7 games without a win and he couldn't bring himself to release the beast!

We can get promotion and go on to win the Premier League if we give our midfielders carte blanche to get forward, making runs into the box in support of Chrissy Martin.....Bryson/Hughes/Thorne with Tom and Johnny linking up, Markus Olssen Baby and Cyrus attacking like men possessed - back ups like, Bradley, Jacob, Fozzy, Jeff,.......we just need a manager to believe in the style we know can destroy teams......a manager who is brave enough to give the boys their head to play without fear.

The only thing stopping us is us.

Oh, and flucky clunts like Bobby Zamora.....

Just need to play to our strength,upbeat offensive play with the squad breaming with confidence. Let others worry about us rather than playing over strategic football.All good teams in the play offs and some probably deserve promotion more than us, but we havent fired on all cylinders for most of the season and are begining to play at our best.If we go up it will be becouse we are the third best team in this leauge and on paper we probably are.COYR.

Am I the only one who thinks its better to play them at home first. Get a 1 or 2-0 win at home, then we can afford to sit back and play them on the counter

Play away first and lose 1-0 and we are in trouble, they can hit us with hernandez and diame on the break

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Am I the only one who thinks its better to play them at home first. Get a 1 or 2-0 win at home, then we can afford to sit back and play them on the counter

Play away first and lose 1-0 and we are in trouble, they can hit us with hernandez and diame on the break

Personally I'd want more than 2 goals if we were then going to sit back. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Personally I'd want more than 2 goals if we were then going to sit back. 

Not as in "defensive sit back" but control the game and take less risks, kind of thing. Force them to throw bodies forward and look for the decisive pass and rush things

Archived