2nd half improvement

Dimmu

It's being recurring theme lately, hasn't it?

Could do with full 90 but first half's hasn't been disastrous... Hopefully we could play bit better in the playoffs as we clearly can.

Statmaster's here could do some research about this!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance over result today. Even if we'd defended that final corner, A Hull win at home to Rotherham would have prevented us from finishing 4th. I'm very confident after today's performance. 15 minutes in I was fearing the prospect of facing Brighton in the play-offs. Now I'd relish it.

Given that this was a must win for Brighton and you'd expect their players to be right up for it I thought we played excellently, especially in the second half. 

Today's performance had boosted my confidence for the playoffs quite a bit. Obviously anything can happen on the day but based on what I've seen today and in the past few performances I'd fancy us against Hull over two legs and either Brighton or Wednesday in a one off game.

19 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

To be fair, Brighton are in good form and were fired up for this, with automatics still possible. Thought we defended excellently and kept them at bay well in the first half. Second half once the crowd quietened down our midfield quality shone through. 

Couldn't agree more I think for an away team we fairly bossed the midfield, so much last few minutes they wanted to lump balls to bypass it.

Thorne, Bryson and Hughes are really upping the tempo and getting stronger. We should fear nobody and to be honest, the momentum is there that even if Butterfield or Johnson come in, we'll cope.

We now have momentum, can't wait for play offs right now, we are the form side on the up.

Archived