Have you ever cried

David

Have you ever cried at a Derby game?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, I'll admit it, at the Leicester playoff defeat when I was much younger, first time I had cried at a match (seems to be a popular one that one ;)) and I'll admit to a slight tear after Wembley last time, lord that journey home was long...

Does the Barker testimonial count, when he ran back out in the Derby strip my eyes were definitely moist then.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby doesn't really bring that emotion out in me tbh. Its probably because supporting them from 1999, i'm used to being let down. Maybe if we ever got into leicesters position, Id probably cry either way, if we won it or messed it up. 

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

The only time I have come close to tears regarding anything Derby related when when we were close to being wound up early 80's and I sat and wondered what I would do without Derby County or football in my life anymore. I knew I wouldn't ever be able to follow another team.

Always knew you was a big softie. You don't fool me! 

I got a tear when a mate was waxing lyrical about Steve Howard. .. He said ... this is a bloke who was a Newcastle acamey reject .. Who then went to play none league and then for Northhampton and Luton .. Ended up at Derby County, got promoted to the top flight on a wing and a prayer ... and scored just one away goal .......  in front of 60,000 at old Trafford all after he was 30+ in the sunset of a career.  Good on you Stevie Howard ... We need dreams .. And they can make you cry when they come true. 

May 30th 1994, tears of sadness. Was 18 at the time and it devastated me. I was sat near the middle of the ground as the last Derby fan next to the stairs next to the Leicester fans. Watching them celebrate was heart breaking.

May 28th 2007, tears of joy. What a feeling. Brilliant.

Yes, at Wembley, the one we won. 

It had always been my dream for my sons to see the black and white flags flying at Wembley after years of only knowing Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and their fans who experienced it time and again. It seemed an impossible dream for me and I never thought they would see the day. So I was quite emotional. 

PistoldPete2

Yes at tributes to cloughie ( home to Wigan) and Dave mAckay ( home to brum) plus first game I went to at pride park. 

Never cried, but two moments left a lump in my throat and reading the comments on here made it a pretty unique feeling. 

1 - When George Burley left. That 2004/05 season remains my favourite to this day, we played such good football, enjoyed such good away wins and it was the first time I really started travelling to watch the Rams. The playoff defeat to Preston never really hurt as I felt we were only going to get better. We would have done, had Burley brought the players to Derby what he signed at Hearts! Anyway, there was a massive thread on the boards (I assume the DET) with so many tributes, thanking him for really bringing pride back to the club.

2 - Southampton at home, semi-final second-leg. We didn't play too well let's be honest, but the night was simply epic made all the better by the biggest downfall of rain I've ever witnessed in England. Everyone was drenched, and nobody cared! Again reading the comments after, it was just one of those rare, special occasions.

First time v Leeds F.A Cup 5th round at BBG Colin Todd back pass got stuck in the mud and Allan Clarke nipped in to score the only goal .I hated that man and that team with such an unhealthy passion I can remember trying to stifle and hide my tears as  I stood in the Ossie end.    F IN B*st*r*s

Last time tears of JOY beating the Baggies at Wembley.

So YEAH BIG girl

Cried when I was very young and watched Liverpool smash us 4-0. No idea about any other details of that game. 

Thought I was going to cry at Wembley in 2014, but sufficed by just slumping on the concrete step instead of the seat when Zamora scored. Never been speechless before. 

I cried at Anfield in April 2002 when we were relegated - had a real sense that we wouldn't be back for a long, long time and we were doomed. Since then, an occasional tear of joy a few times - like when Bucko strode onto the pitch against the trees. 

Archived