Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Hatem Ben Arfa would be a great signing if we go up, rejuvenated his career 16 in 29 for Nice this season nominated for player of the year in France. Think his wages would be ridiculous though.

contract is running out aswell.. free transfer, yes pls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we go up we desperately need a striker, i don't know who but i dont think martins premiership class. I think he'll struggle, i hope he doesntbl like but i just cant see him being that great up there

although even if he does cut it we still need a striker that fits the system for when he's injured or off it. 

If we get promoted I think we should look to get in top quality players,  be really ambitious.  I think having 2 or 3 top quality signings is better than having 6 average ones (ie what Villa did with the Benteke money).

A few suggestions-

Taison (shaktar Donetsk) - he's a top class wide attacker,  who only has 18 months left on his contract and wants out of Ukraine.  He's fast,  tricky and with an eye for goal.

Gary Medel - currently at Inter,  played for Cardiff a few seasons ago.  Again world class CDM. He's approaching the end of his contract,  would be available at a reasonable price if Inter miss out on a CL place. 

Danny Ings - forgotten man at Liverpool (injury obviously played it's part in that). If Liverpool get another striker this summer he could be surplus to requirements. Think he's a long shot though,  a lot of other clubs might be interested in him.

1 hour ago, R4m5f4n said:

If we get promoted I think we should look to get in top quality players,  be really ambitious.  I think having 2 or 3 top quality signings is better than having 6 average ones (ie what Villa did with the Benteke money).

A few suggestions-

Taison (shaktar Donetsk) - he's a top class wide attacker,  who only has 18 months left on his contract and wants out of Ukraine.  He's fast,  tricky and with an eye for goal.

Gary Medel - currently at Inter,  played for Cardiff a few seasons ago.  Again world class CDM. He's approaching the end of his contract,  would be available at a reasonable price if Inter miss out on a CL place. 

Danny Ings - forgotten man at Liverpool (injury obviously played it's part in that). If Liverpool get another striker this summer he could be surplus to requirements. Think he's a long shot though,  a lot of other clubs might be interested in him.

I admire the optimism but tasion being linked with chelsea and the likes will rule out a move to the rams. Medel wouldn't be a bad shout, but would you drop thorne for him? or play along side him? and i wouldnt mind danny ings..

On 30/04/2016 at 15:56, muzzamurray said:

Yeah true

for me.. 

Promes RW, ince on the left, and a new CF.. really strong front line

Ince cant cut it in the premiership,,gone missing all to often this season in this leauge.

On 5/1/2016 at 04:46, Kernow said:

We could always wait until we know what league we're in before we start suggesting that we sign players who are at Champions League standard teams...

Couldn't get a game at Newcastle

If we go up I don't think we could go too wrong with checking on the availability of Andre Gray !  Not sure on burnley financial position but if the offers right . Failing that Callum Wilson would be another good option if he finds himself struggling for game time at Bournemouth.  

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

If we go up I don't think we could go too wrong with checking on the availability of Andre Gray !  Not sure on burnley financial position but if the offers right . Failing that Callum Wilson would be another good option if he finds himself struggling for game time at Bournemouth.  

Think if i am being honest, andre gray is going to be apart of burnley's plans for next season.. Wouldn't mind wilson, but only 5 goals this season and with bigger fire power at bournemouth, wouldn't be surprised if he went on the cheap

6 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

Think if i am being honest, andre gray is going to be apart of burnley's plans for next season.. Wouldn't mind wilson, but only 5 goals this season and with bigger fire power at bournemouth, wouldn't be surprised if he went on the cheap

He might be part of there plans and I'm very sure he will be but €£££££ talks as we well know , who would if thought BJ would have dropped down a league to come to us . 

As for wilson he's been injured for the vast majority of the season,  I've no doubt he would have made double figures if he hadn't got injured . 

8 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

Callum Wilsons' season has been blighted by injury and when fit, he's their main striker so I don't know what you're on about with 'bigger fire power'?

His 5 goals have come in 7 games and his record since joining Bournemouth is more or less 1 goal every 2 games.

Some of the names mentioned recently, even supposing we get promoted, have been nothing short of ludicrous! Too many posters been playing too much Football Manager!

56 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Callum Wilsons' season has been blighted by injury and when fit, he's their main striker so I don't know what you're on about with 'bigger fire power'?

His 5 goals have come in 7 games and his record since joining Bournemouth is more or less 1 goal every 2 games.

Some of the names mentioned recently, even supposing we get promoted, have been nothing short of ludicrous! Too many posters been playing too much Football Manager!

Last time i checked wolfie, This was a suggestion thread.. Didn't say DERBY MUST BUY THESE PLAYERS.

Would i like to see promes and thorgan hazard at derby if. i'm sorry WHEN we get promoted. hell yeah, will i be disappointed if we don't buy them, not at all. These players being suggested, are just that, suggestions. 

Yes they may be a tad unrealistic depending on price tags, but still

Saw on SSN that Liverpool are willing to listen to offers for Jordon Ibe. I rated him when he was here on loan. I'd quite like to see him back but I can see a Premier League side going in for him. 

Archived