Season ticket holder living furthest from Derby

WestKentRam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boycie said:

If it was true, I'd be very impressed :D

Totally true, like @Duracell I moved in the middle of the season and so kept my ticket as I would never just let one of my friends have it would I...? That would be wrong...? No? 

I renewed it 3 or 4 times whilst living over there, it was easy to get back and cheap thanks to easy jet...I worked it out once that I could fly from Basel to Gatwick and get the train into central London cheaper than the train from Derby to London..! 

I also kept my season ticket to ensure I got FA Cup final tickets.....

Mentioned previously on the forum, but I live and work in Dortmund and have a season ticket (most of my family is still in the UK so a good excuse to keep coming back). I manage to get to roughly half the games. It's my 30th against Ipswich so my name may pop up on the screen, and I'm getting married on Saturday 14th when we are playing Hull! 

4 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Mentioned previously on the forum, but I live and work in Dortmund and have a season ticket (most of my family is still in the UK so a good excuse to keep coming back). I manage to get to roughly half the games. It's my 30th against Ipswich so my name may pop up on the screen, and I was getting married on Saturday 14th when we are playing Hull! 

2 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Haha, fortunately im not getting married until 15:00, so we're going to try and get a screen set up in the bar. Not that the future wife knows this yet.... :whistle:

Yea, no point in letting her know now you're going to ruin the big day. She's got enough to worry about already. Good luck to the both of you mr and Mrs wilcockson 

My cousin was a season Ticket holder, home address in Mayo, Ireland. Used to be quite a few Derby, Leicester & Florist fans on the early monring flight to EMA on the saturady and back again the following morning.

1 hour ago, sage said:

What a load of half fans. Why move away from God's Own County in the first place?

No loyalty. 

Says the man who spends half his time out the country!

I live in Nome, Alaska. I set out on my husky drawn sleigh a week before the game and head for the coast. I then kayak to an old whaling ship and get off at Greenland. I catch the Cutty Sark from Greenland to Southampton and have a beer. I catch the 8.00am stage coach and stay overnight in Bristol and then in Leicester. I am transported by sedan chair to iPro and catch another beer and then take up my seat in the West Stand. Directly after the match, I drop in at Subway and then repeat the trek back to Nome. There's no place like Nome, where I live in a semidetached Igloo. I do not know how many miles it is, but it seemed a long way when we lost 0-1 at home to MK Dons.:angry:

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

I live in Nome, Alaska. I set out on my husky drawn sleigh a week before the game and head for the coast. I then kayak to an old whaling ship and get off at Greenland. I catch the Cutty Sark from Greenland to Southampton and have a beer. I catch the 8.00am stage coach and stay overnight in Bristol and then in Leicester. I am transported by sedan chair to iPro and catch another beer and then take up my seat in the West Stand. Directly after the match, I drop in at Subway and then repeat the trek back to Nome. There's no place like Nome, where I live in a semidetached Igloo. I do not know how many miles it is, but it seemed a long way when we lost 0-1 at home to MK Dons.:angry:

I don't believe you. ha ha.

I did cycle for 2 weeks alone to get to the Leeds game this season...

4 hours ago, sage said:

What a load of half fans. Why move away from God's Own County in the first place?

No loyalty. 

Never lived there in the first place! I would like to one day though. I love Derby as a city, Derbyshire as an area and of course the football club would have an impact on any decision to move...

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I don't believe you. ha ha.

I did cycle for 2 weeks alone to get to the Leeds game this season...

I don't believe you. ha ha. Did you walk up the hills?

You are full of it MuespachRam. :p

33 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You can mock all you like mate.

he taught Wiggins all he knows,

and

he can hold a bike pump under his chin and make farting noises.

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Luckily for me, the only hills were when I got to England and I had lightened the bike and there was no way I was pushing then..!.!

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Luckily for me, the only hills were when I got to England and I had lightened the bike and there was no way I was pushing then..!.!

I believe you MuespachRam. You are a fan and a half.

MuespachRam.. What a guy! :D

Archived