Season ticket holder living furthest from Derby

WestKentRam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be a nightmare for all you 100 miles+ people on midweek. Do you just end up sacking it off?

My brother who has a Season ticket doesnt come up for half the midweek matches because it means leaving from work and not getting home until midnight and he lives half the distance away that some of you lot do.

18 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Chatting with @South east ram on the drive up to Derby on Saturday, we pondered there must be Derby fans who travel to games who live further from the promised land than us. I'm not sure if any overseas fans hold season tickets and go to most home games, or those living in SW England.

According to Google Maps, my home address is 182 miles from the iPro.

Can anyone beat that, apart from Harry Redknapp?

My uncle has a season ticket and travels down from Montrose 380 miles away. 

1 hour ago, Brighton Ram said:

190 miles for us and we're both season ticket holders in the West Lower stand (sing and they stare at you)...

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

I feel positively local now.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

It must be a nightmare for all you 100 miles+ people on midweek. Do you just end up sacking it off?

My brother who has a Season ticket doesnt come up for half the midweek matches because it means leaving from work and not getting home until midnight and he lives half the distance away that some of you lot do.

For me lots of annual leave used for midweek games. I don't get to them all certainly. The biggest problem is date changes for Sky that stuffs up plans made as I can't book leave at short notice.

The best thing is planning Sat/Tue/Sat weeks with a week's holiday in the Peak District, as the away games in such weeks are often within reach. Had a few of these over the last couple of years and yet to see Derby lose in such triple weeks.

2 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

I feel positively local now.

For me lots of annual leave used for midweek games. I don't get to them all certainly. The biggest problem is date changes for Sky that stuffs up plans made as I can't book leave at short notice.

The best thing is planning Sat/Tue/Sat weeks with a week's holiday in the Peak District, as the away games in such weeks are often within reach. Had a few of these over the last couple of years and yet to see Derby lose in such triple weeks.

Although my uncle is a bit of a half fan he can't make midweek games from Montrose ?

22 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I missed one midweek game this season, due to not being able to get out of work early enough. Usually make it though, 300 mile round trip from Somerset. Normally get back between half twelve and 1 A. M. 

Back at work for 6 A. M. :(

According to Google Maps, Pride Park to my doorstep in Cornwall is 325 miles. I've had my own season ticket for about 12/13 years now. Used to travel up each Saturday home game in the car, leaving at 7am and returning at about 11pm to watch us lose 2-4 to the likes of Crewe etc...

As I've got older and had more commitments it means I can go less but I still have a season ticket. My dad lives in Derby now and I leave it with him. He has a mate who gives him some money if I'm not there, but I have a ticket for any game I can make, and would be able to get away/play-off tickets with no problem either.

I got my first season ticket half way through the 73/74 season when I was 14. I used to go to the Saturday games on two trains, one into Birmingham and then on to Derby. Unfortunately, there wasn't a train back from Derby after midweek games so I had to rely on my dear old father to take me. When I was 17, having not missed a home game in 3 years, he couldn't take me and in desperation I wrote to Bruce Rioch to ask for a lift, as he lived in Birmingham. Unfortunately, he couldn't help me, but I managed to pass my driving test the day before the game and my first solo trip was up to Derby. 

On 30/04/2016 at 14:27, derbydaz22 said:

Montrose...... good effort, especially in the winter. Unless you book well in advance train tickets are a rip off. 

On 30 April 2016 at 14:27, derbydaz22 said:

Your uncle can share or give us Aberdeenshire Rams a lift or can meet up with us for a pint and to watch away games on TV whenever he likes. I've been to watch Montrose at home on a couple of occasions.

zkn7ns.jpg

On 30 April 2016 at 13:52, jagerbob said:

I leave work early and get home around 1.30am. Back at work by 8.30. It's easier if we don't lose!

10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Your uncle can share or give us Aberdeenshire Rams a lift or can meet up with us for a pint and to watch away games on TV whenever he likes. I've been to watch Montrose at home on a couple of occasions.

zkn7ns.jpg

Sometimes he drives down but normally travels down on train on a Friday night and stays with family in long eaton and heads back Monday unless we have a midweek game. I will pass on your offer of a beer Inverurie ram.

I had a season ticket when I lived in Switzerland, my nearest games would have been Palace and Crawley (Gatwick airport)

A home game would consist of a Friday night flight over to Manchester, rental car (flight got in after last train), I would arrive in the Derby area at around 2 in the morning, collapse on the couch of some friend, and be woken up for the game at 8... and fly home to Basel at 5 in the evening Sunday and back at work for 06:00 Monday morning.. I used to make around 8-15 games a season depending on timings, TV etc...happy days.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I had a season ticket when I lived in Switzerland, my nearest games would have been Palace and Crawley (Gatwick airport)

A home game would consist of a Friday night flight over to Manchester, rental car (flight got in after last train), I would arrive in the Derby area at around 2 in the morning, collapse on the couch of some friend, and be woken up for the game at 8... and fly home to Basel at 5 in the evening Sunday and back at work for 06:00 Monday morning.. I used to make around 8-15 games a season depending on timings, TV etc...happy days.

Impressive

Archived