Season ticket holder living furthest from Derby

WestKentRam

Chatting with @South east ram on the drive up to Derby on Saturday, we pondered there must be Derby fans who travel to games who live further from the promised land than us. I'm not sure if any overseas fans hold season tickets and go to most home games, or those living in SW England.

According to Google Maps, my home address is 182 miles from the iPro.

Can anyone beat that, apart from Harry Redknapp?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Niall Horan's dad flys in from Ireland every match

I wonder how long that takes him. Sounds a more hassly journey than mine, but then he doesn't have the Dartford Tunnel to contend with and can fly over the water.

2 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

I wonder how long that takes him. Sounds a more hassly journey than mine, but then he doesn't have the Dartford Tunnel to contend with and can fly over the water.

I was working in Ireland a few years ago and still a season ticket holder - it wasn't a big deal because the flight time from Dublin to East Midlands airport is an hour. In THAT season there were half a dozen or so used to head over on the Friday night flight, and some used to come over on Saturday morning.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I was working in Ireland a few years ago and still a season ticket holder - it wasn't a big deal because the flight time from Dublin to East Midlands airport is an hour. In THAT season there were half a dozen or so used to head over on the Friday night flight, and some used to come over on Saturday morning.

Sounds a doddle, then. My journey is 3 hours on a clear run. Using the train is longer given the connections. Each home game is a big day out. For some reason my wife is very happy for me to go to matches...

Looking forward to Brighton on Monday that is an away but home match, a mere 30 miles away. The queue for the train back from Falmer makes it feel much much longer though.

2 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Chatting with @South east ram on the drive up to Derby on Saturday, we pondered there must be Derby fans who travel to games who live further from the promised land than us. I'm not sure if any overseas fans hold season tickets and go to most home games, or those living in SW England.

According to Google Maps, my home address is 182 miles from the iPro.

Can anyone beat that, apart from Harry Redknapp?

I know there's a couple of chaps in the west stand from your way too they sit near my grandad . But don't know of any , any further away . 

My son lives in southsea, but he's not renewing for next season. There are too many games he came get to now,because of midweek games and holidays and work commitments. 

He drives up to me in Birmingham where he meets Up with my other son from London and we all go together. It's disappointing as they've been season ticket holders since the age of 6,when pride park opened. 

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

My son lives in southsea, but he's not renewing for next season. There are too many games he came get to now,because of midweek games and holidays and work commitments. 

He drives up to me in Birmingham where he meets Up with my other son from London and we all go together. It's disappointing as they've been season ticket holders since the age of 6,when pride park opened. 

Good effort over the years though by your son. 

The midweek games are the killer, as it means taking a day off work to ensure getting to the match on time. Then if Sky come along and change the date... I can't get to them all.

Booked time off for the play-offs assuming we'd be the Sat/Tue combination, now realising it may be Fri/Mon and I'll be stuffed. It must be lovely to live in Derby and just roll along for the games. Us southern softies are the real fans!

12 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Sounds a doddle, then. My journey is 3 hours on a clear run. Using the train is longer given the connections. Each home game is a big day out. For some reason my wife is very happy for me to go to matches...

Looking forward to Brighton on Monday that is an away but home match, a mere 30 miles away. The queue for the train back from Falmer makes it feel much much longer though.

We always stay for a couple of jars after the match before getting the train back into town.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

We always stay for a couple of jars after the match before getting the train back into town.

Sensible plan, given the time otherwise would be spent in interminable queues for the train. Didn't notice much round the stadium after previous matches though, but must admit I wasn't looking. As usual.

Archived