OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Quique Sánchez Flores - sorry about that David. Stimac has been saying that he has unfinished business at Derby and sentiment plays a big part in that. I would vote for Stimac over Rowett. I am going for a cheeky quiche at Chiquitos now. :thumbsup:

No room for condiments or sentiments in football, maybe if he didn't walk out or get fired after 20 games and showed what he can achieve it would add weight to his cv which at the moment is pretty awful. 

Billy Davies, Paul Jewell or even Phil Brown would be better appointments

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A certain rams fan chap on another forum claimed to be ITK and claimed Redknapp has said its a done deal for Brendon Rogers to arrive in the summer. I for one, do not believe any of these ITK people until Owen Bradley says its true or Steve Nicholson reports it. Those guys are the real ITK guys and the only ones i trust.

Im happy to say I havent read any national tabloid or indeed any other rams forum claiming to quote Redknapp or otherwise. I dont suppose anything was said at the Evening with Harry night was it?

9 minutes ago, David said:

No room for condiments or sentiments in football, maybe if he didn't walk out or get fired after 20 games and showed what he can achieve it would add weight to his cv which at the moment is pretty awful. 

Billy Davies, Paul Jewell or even Phil Brown would be better appointments

Fair comment David but not the last two of the three.

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

A certain rams fan chap on another forum claimed to be ITK and claimed Redknapp has said its a done deal for Brendon Rogers to arrive in the summer. I for one, do not believe any of these ITK people until Owen Bradley says its true or Steve Nicholson reports it. Those guys are the real ITK guys and the only ones i trust.

Im happy to say I havent read any national tabloid or indeed any other rams forum claiming to quote Redknapp or otherwise. I dont suppose anything was said at the Evening with Harry night was it?

Possibly a provisional 'yes' if we are promoted. Mega wages and £50 million for players

I really don't know.

I think how the Brighton game goes and the play-offs play out will determine it.

If we win them and look good doing it, how do you justify not giving Wassall the job? 

Equally, what if we're narrowly cheated at Wembley again? Does Wassall deserve a full season?

If we perform badly against Brighton, and just immediately crumble in the semis, it feels hard to argue that 

With Wassall, and the contrast between Cardiff/his early form and Hull/the last few weeks in mind, I have no idea what's going to happen. Just taking and enjoying it game by game at the moment.

If we win promotion then Wassall has to be handed the job, but its an unarea in the prem and we will need 6 or 7 new quality players to compete.

So I would suggest Wassall and another, maybe a dream team.................

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And if Rogers fails, Mel will get slated.

Not by me ,, getting a top rated coach is doing your best for Derby , if you do your best and it don't work out ,well you did your best how can anybody moan , 

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If we get promoted and get Rodgers I will take back every bad word I had to say about Mel.

If I were you I would take them back now.

He spent £23 million on Academy. Won the U21 League. In the Play Offs. Bought the Club and ground. No debt. 30,000 every week. Best pitch in world being laid for next year. £25 million on players. Not happy with entertainment value of team so sacked the manager (not cheap). The guy is the best thing that has happened to us in donkeys years. We had been paying the stadium off for 20 years!!!

Mel,,.What a guy!.

Maclaren's legacy in terms of players permanently signed is Christie, Thorne, Mitchell..+ (Shotton, Warnock,)

Clement's legacy in terms of players permanently signed is Carson, Shackell, Olsson, Butterfield, Johnson, Ince, Bent, Blackman, Camara,+ (Baird, Pearce = £0.0 million fees), 

No manager can get all the signings spot on. I am not complaining about Clement's signings, are you? Clement has given us very good value signings by and large and half the team is made up of his signings.

We now have good signings playing well in the style that we like. We looked like becoming a laughing stock - no longer the case. COYR

Archived