OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

In the papers today they state that Pearson is having talks for the Villa job. Moyes is hanging out for a vacancy at a Premier League club. Rodgers is going back to Swansea for another stint with them.

I am convinced that Mel has someone lined up who can't come in until the end of the season and that's why he stated Darren's our coach until at least the end of the season. Any thoughts who might or could be available once this season is finished. I am thinking it could be Mark Warburton. And I know some of you will say why would he leave Rangers, well lets face it the Scottish Premiership is not even as good as the Championship. If he stays and gets Rangers in Europe, lets be honest they will not go far. Whether we are in the Championship or Premiership we would be a better challenge than the tinpot Scottish league football. Before anyone suggests Harry, forget it, one he stated he did not want the job and he will only want a team from the south where he is based.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Darren Wassall.

He seems to have a very good win record, and his team also plays 'The Derby Way' - worth a punt, perhaps?

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Whose that manager who got a failing team playing great football, secured their play-off place, got the best out of there best players and still has a big chance of gaining promotion? because I want him. 

I understand his academy won their league too.

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Whose that manager who got a failing team playing great football, secured their play-off place, got the best out of there best players and still has a big chance of gaining promotion? because I want him. 

I am not saying I want Warburton, but I feel the way things that have happened since Darren got the job suggest to me Mel does have something in the pipeline. What could scupper that would be us being successful and then a rethink by Mel. A few weeks back a few Derby directors went to watch Rangers (why). A couple of weeks ago in the papers it stated that Harry recommended Warburton to Mel. I am just putting 2 and 2 together, could be totally wrong and we could even see Gary Rowett installed instead.

I think obviously if we do go up then the job is Wassall's, make no mistake it has to be.

I think one thing I have seen, noticed etc is that the players are playing with a lot more freedom and fluidity since he settled them, take this in hand with the experience of HR and I think you have a good blend.

Perhaps clear now that PC was too much into possession and tactics as opposed to free flowing attacking football (Derby way?!) and the players did not like it. Guess under MAC they played to their strengths and this was attacking, especially with the players that we have. Kinda understanding now why PC left.

So in terms of a new head coach, should we not go up, it has to be someone that fits the bill in terms of free flowing attacking football. For me Pearson not the man to take us forward, just don't think he would fit in too how we want to play from youth up to first team. This is crucial as the setup from the academy down is supposed to replicate the first team so you need someone that is gonna buy into that.

I have no idea who it will be but be interesting if we were to appoint our first foreign head coach / manager.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I am not saying I want Warburton, but I feel the way things that have happened since Darren got the job suggest to me Mel does have something in the pipeline. What could scupper that would be us being successful and then a rethink by Mel. A few weeks back a few Derby directors went to watch Rangers (why). A couple of weeks ago in the papers it stated that Harry recommended Warburton to Mel. I am just putting 2 and 2 together, could be totally wrong and we could even see Gary Rowett installed instead.

There are only two directors on the board - Mel and Sam.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

I would love Mark Warburton, but I'm pretty sure he will stick with Rangers for a while as he has built a good young squad and has the chance to become a legend for them. 

There aren't many perfect candidates out there that seem to fit into Mel's philosophy, maybe someone like Rodgers, but I'm 90% sure he wont come to Derby. The only candidate in my eyes that fits everything the club wants and has proven he has the ability is Wassall, but I would still love it if we can keep Redknapp to add that experience for him.  

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Perhaps it was some shareholders or other members, but it did state there was people from the club.

They are also the sole shareholders. What paper (or website) was this reported in?

20 minutes ago, therams69 said:

I think obviously if we do go up then the job is Wassall's, make no mistake it has to be.

I think one thing I have seen, noticed etc is that the players are playing with a lot more freedom and fluidity since he settled them, take this in hand with the experience of HR and I think you have a good blend.

Perhaps clear now that PC was too much into possession and tactics as opposed to free flowing attacking football (Derby way?!) and the players did not like it. Guess under MAC they played to their strengths and this was attacking, especially with the players that we have. Kinda understanding now why PC left.

So in terms of a new head coach, should we not go up, it has to be someone that fits the bill in terms of free flowing attacking football. For me Pearson not the man to take us forward, just don't think he would fit in too how we want to play from youth up to first team. This is crucial as the setup from the academy down is supposed to replicate the first team so you need someone that is gonna buy into that.

I have no idea who it will be but be interesting if we were to appoint our first foreign head coach / manager.

Clement was never into tactics, if he was we wouldn't have played the same way week in week out when it obviously was no longer working.

dunno why but really don't want Wassall permanently - not even a Wassall hater I've always supported him but for some reason feels like we could do better and kinda don't want any success he has this season to be tarnished should it go tits up next year. Along with that I also feel the academy would be better off with him back at the helm. My preference was, and still is Laudrup. Whoever Mel gets in, regardless of who they are, will have my full support and backing

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

There are only two directors on the board - Mel and Sam.

Press: what if Sam has a differing opinion? 

Mel: good, well I ask him which way he thinks it should be done, we get down to it and then we talk about it for about 20 seconds, and then I cut him off and tell him to get out and make me a cuppa"..

Archived