That winning feeling...Groundsman of the season!

cosmic

That's one of the big three in the bag then, this, pie of the year, and the play off title. They always say whoever wins Groundsman of the year is normally an indication of who's going to win the play offs. Like the BAFTAs and the Oscars. So promotion is basically in the bag.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TigerTedd said:

That's one of the big three in the bag then, this, pie of the year, and the play off title. They always say whoever wins Groundsman of the year is normally an indication of who's going to win the play offs. Like the BAFTAs and the Oscars. So promotion is basically in the bag.

Wait, we're going to win the Oscars?

4 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Didn't think we'd be near winning it to be fair. Boro and Forest both go on about theirs being the best. Least we have proof who the real big deal is around here ;).

Don't forget large parts of their pitch don't get heavily used when the ball gets hoofed so often.

Interview with Scarff on RamsPlayer, genuinely interesting. Things like this remind me why I watch everything they post.

I didn't realise groundskeeping was so complex!

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Looking forward to all of his hard work being for nothing when we all clumsily traipse ourselves onto the pitch after winning our Playoff second leg semi.

Doesn't matter. Tearing it up at the end of the season for stuff with synthetic threads to strengthen the roots, make it harder to create divots. 

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can I have 10m x10m to re turf my back garden? Far too much moss after the wet winter we had

I had the same problem, I mowed it and came out the next morning to inspect it. One or more squirrels had destroyed 40% of my 'lawn' in the morning by ripping up the moss and leaving most of it on the surface! Always look on the bright side of life. It saved me trawling it all out. i will take another 10m x 10m. They could sell it if we get promoted or relay it at the Academy.

20 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Traipse over it? I'm going for the full knee slide with my scrave held high!

Fans doing knee slides usually results in them digging in and face planting the floor pretty hard.

Also, I think it's likely we're going to be at home for the first leg, so they'll be no invading anyway :p 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Can I have 10m x10m to re turf my back garden? Far too much moss after the wet winter we had

We went for an artificial lawn for the same reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived