That winning feeling...Groundsman of the season!

cosmic

First the U21's, now this:

The Football League has announced the winners of the Groundsman of the Season award for Season 2015/16 in each of the three divisions.

The awards recognise the importance of the quality of pitches for professional football and acknowledge those head groundsmen and their staff who consistently produce the best playing surfaces in The Football League. 

In the Sky Bet Championship, Nathan Scarff of Derby County wins the award for the pitch he and his team have produced at the iPro Stadium this season. Tony Bell of Middlesbrough and Ewan Hunter of Nottingham Forest are both highly commended. 

The award for Groundsman of the Season in Sky Bet League 1 this year goes to Shrewsbury Town’s Richard Barnett, while Glenn Nortcliffe of Sheffield United and David Blacknall of Colchester United are highly commended. 

In Sky Bet League 2, Paul Knowles of Northampton Town followed the example of his team by winning the divisional title this season for the excellent pitch at Sixfields. Eric Kingscott of Bristol Rovers and Paul Currier of Oxford United are both highly commended. 

Sky Bet Championship

Winner: Nathan Scarff – Derby County                                                 
Highly Commended: Tony Bell – Middlesbrough 
Highly Commended: Ewan Hunter – Nottingham Forest 

Sky Bet League 1

Winner – Richard Barnett – Shrewsbury Town      
Highly Commended: Glenn Nortcliffe – Sheffield United 
Highly Commended: David Blacknall – Colchester United 

Sky Bet League 2

Winner: Paul Knowles – Northampton Town 
Highly Commended: Eric Kingscott – Bristol Rovers 
Highly Commended: Paul Currier – Oxford United 

The Football League's Groundsman of the Season Awards are determined initially using marks from referees and away managers for each Sky Bet Football League game and are then followed by detailed pitch inspections and a review of management operations. 

These visits were carried out by Dr Stephen Baker, Head of Sports Surface Technology at the Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI).

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/groundsman-of-the-season-award-winners-announced-3067194.aspx#KJskpEl6Ft72I8AF.99

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2016/groundsman-of-the-season-award-winners-announced-3067194.aspx

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FUUUUUU

I didn't think to check the website!!!

I didn't see your post because I had the create new topic open waiting for the tweet, I knew we were going to win :lol:

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

These visits were carried out by Dr Stephen Baker, Head of Sports Surface Technology at the Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI).

I award this man the "Made Up Job Title of The Year" award.

Just now, Tombo said:

I award this man the "Made Up Job Title of The Year" award.

What job title would you give a man who's job it is to develop optimal surfaces for sport to be played on? :p I like the change we're having from ambiguous job titles to very specific ones, personally.

37 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

What job title would you give a man who's job it is to develop optimal surfaces for sport to be played on? :p I like the change we're having from ambiguous job titles to very specific ones, personally.

Stripes Earner?

Opposition Turfer Outer?

Mow Em All Downer?

Cut Above The Rest Manager?

Legal Grass Grower?

Ensure Grass Hasn't Gone To Pot Manager?

No-Weed Man?

No wonder the team is now on a high at home!

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

Didn't think we'd be near winning it to be fair. Boro and Forest both go on about theirs being the best. Least we have proof who the real big deal is around here ;).

Yes but don't forget they won it twice way back in the day, their man has two little mowers embroidered on his shirt.

Archived